Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream11 Laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Would an external hard drive help resolve my storage issues (only have 32 Gb) and be compatible with my HP Stream 11 laptop?  

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

why would it not.

USB port , external drives sold in even likes of walmart or target or bestbuy, endless colors an size (space)

what PC, this? HP P/N: L3Z44UT#ABA 

• One - USB 3.0
  • One - USB 2.0

so even  2 external HDD or SSD work here, endless sized sold.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

Hi Savvy

Thank you for your prompt response.  I have a HP Stream 11 Laptop, Product Code X9W53EA.  So would an external drive be compatible with my laptop?

Thank you. 

Sue

HP Recommended

so 32 bit was wrong as the experts think,  only old PCs have 32bit sure. (but I believed you)

we all know that

but it is moot point all that.

32bit or 64bit both work 100% up to 2000GB  2TB. 

and a 250GB drive is $20 and  every one works on your pc and all others, even PS4 and mAC>

just buy one at walmart.

see it  works.

if not take it back and this time read the box, it say right on the box W10, clear as day and must.

and will. end topic

HP Recommended

Thank you Savvy.  Unfortunately I have the 32 bit model?

HP Recommended

it's not really unfortunate

2000 divided by 4GB is 500 movies. 1080P

are you saving 4k resolution movies?  no way, say its not so....

2000Gigabtyies is huge. 

or using a custom format 2 times that easy.

I really do not know anyone's storage needs,  not  me,   

HP Recommended

@Sue4654 wrote:

Thank you Savvy.  Unfortunately I have the 32 bit model?

Hello
you are talking about the windows version, because obviously it is a 64-bit version
Nowadays very few computers are 32 bit
However, you are racking your brains for nothing!
Although I doubt that an external dd will solve all of your problems, you can buy almost any type of USB hard drive!

But if you need a lot of storage, preferably use at least two hard drives, less loss if it fails

11-y000na Product Specifications

Operating system
Windows 10 Home 64

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hi

Thank you for your reply. I do actually have the 32 bit laptop with Windows 10.  The problem is that I have so little storage space that I am unable to carry out any upgrades due to no storage availability.  

I don't watch films or anything else but I just want to be able to store files, photos,  carry out updates and send e-mails with attachments which I cannot do.

HP Recommended

I think you are confusing, right?
32 bit this is not your windows version, it was unless I'm mistaken the question
You have a 32gb m2 disk
Your windows version, unless replaced, or document error, must be 64 bit, right?

that being said There has been this type of problem for some time The 32 gb dd are so small that it is very difficult to update you have to remove almost everything, sometimes no other choice but to overwrite the previous version, and do a new installation

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

she just wants to add an EXTERNAL drive and her tag clearly says 32bit W10

just external

OP  a $20 250gb drive is cheap or more

get  it use it .

forget making simple into hard.

millions of folks used  this,  no problems at all.

'ever. (unless dropped)

32GB msata is NOT WINDOWS at all . it is boot disk size. (yeah tiny and problematic to the max) ask.

sure

in windows type run search,  system information see what OS is there.

or in control panel click system.

behold your OS is told.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.