Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z240
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a brand new HP Z240. I have installed the SSD in the M2 slot on the board and updated the BIOS 1.27. The board or the BIOS will still not see the SSD. it is a Crucial 500GB SSD. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

We actually found out what the issue was just a few moments ago. Had not realized that the M2 SSD's that the user had purchased were SATA M2 and the system only supports PCI-e M2.

Just so happend to catch it on the package out of the corner of my eye... sometimes its the simple things that are the easiest to miss.

Thanks.

Jesse

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

As it being a Crucial brand it may have it's own proprietary driver.  Did you by chance purchase it with an HP drive to see if it's getting detected?  If you updated your BIOS already, you can run your IME driver as well.  

In your BIOS are you able to detect the drive (through BIOS or through diagnostics), or possibly have another brand or drive to put into the same slot to see if it can be picked up from that?

Regards,

Joseph

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

We actually found out what the issue was just a few moments ago. Had not realized that the M2 SSD's that the user had purchased were SATA M2 and the system only supports PCI-e M2.

Just so happend to catch it on the package out of the corner of my eye... sometimes its the simple things that are the easiest to miss.

Thanks.

Jesse

HP Recommended

Well I'm glad it was a simple fix and you're up and running!  

Regards,

Joseph

HP Recommended

I have a PCI-e nvme samsung PM951 m.2 ssd, cannot be detected in BIOS as well...

Don't know why.. I don't have another SSD to test yet...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.