Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z440
Linux

Hi,

most recently I wanted to install Linux OS (tried Ubuntu, Centos and Fedora 32) on NVME SSD drive, but as the installation process goes smoothly, the system is not able to boot either from Legacy bios or UEFI.

Are there any specific requirements for Bios settings that allow linux to boot? The Bios is the latest from hp Z440 support page.

One interesting point - when I put same nvme into z420 (with Fedora) it boots well. So I assume there are some issues with Bios settings. Any advices?

Thanks for any hints.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

is there any chance to get some support?

What I already did:

1. checked Bios (newest version installed)

2. AHCI mode set

3. Tried with different slots

4. Tried settings some bifurcation

5. Turned on PCIe training reset

6. Turned on Early reset delay

But none of this worked for me.

HP Recommended

post in the workstation forum, as the z440 is a workstation model

a quick guess would be to check if the non booting OS's support the z440's intel c612 chipset with built in drivers, if not then they will need to be added to the kernel

HP Recommended

Posted in Workstation forum, but with no answer. So writing here - tried fresh installation with Windows 10. It is also not bootable.

Any idea?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.