Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got my first Z620.  If I boot using a USB K&M I get the BIOS screen as I have a 10 second boot delay set in the BIOS.  If I use my PS/2 K&M attached to my KVM there isn't any video until Windows starts.  I don't have this problem with my XW8400s or Raspberry Pi with a USB to PS/2 adapter that are on the KVM.  I've reviewed the BIOS and didn't see any settings related to the PS/2 ports.

Thoughts?  Any way to "fix" this other than buying a new HDMI/USB KVM?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I think it's a video issue, you can test this by unplugging just the video from the kvm and see how it boots.

A fix?

You can try upgrading the firmware on the kvm, just check their website.

The only 'fix' I know of is switching on the kvm after the boot screen.

It actually works but it an extra task.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

The firmware idea was a good idea.  It's a Linksys SVIEW04 that's about 15 years old - can't find any firmware and probably never had an update available.  It is super annoying.

Since I'm doing a complete update in my personal "data center" to newer technology (my XW8400s are getting tired and are about 15 years old) think I'll invest in an HMDI/USB 4 port switch.  I'll do that after I get further into the upgrade.

Thanks for the help.  Now onto finding out why he Z620 takes so long to get to the beginning of Windows 10 Pro.

HP Recommended

Ha! Okay I'm stayin' out of that one  🙂

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.