Highlighted
6 3 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Z620 - when using PS/2 keyboard and mouse no video until Windows 10 Pro starts

HP Recommended
Z620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently got my first Z620.  If I boot using a USB K&M I get the BIOS screen as I have a 10 second boot delay set in the BIOS.  If I use my PS/2 K&M attached to my KVM there isn't any video until Windows starts.  I don't have this problem with my XW8400s or Raspberry Pi with a USB to PS/2 adapter that are on the KVM.  I've reviewed the BIOS and didn't see any settings related to the PS/2 ports.

Thoughts?  Any way to "fix" this other than buying a new HDMI/USB KVM?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Level 5
228 221 16 38
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I think it's a video issue, you can test this by unplugging just the video from the kvm and see how it boots.

A fix?

You can try upgrading the firmware on the kvm, just check their website.

The only 'fix' I know of is switching on the kvm after the boot screen.

It actually works but it an extra task.

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
6 3 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The firmware idea was a good idea.  It's a Linksys SVIEW04 that's about 15 years old - can't find any firmware and probably never had an update available.  It is super annoying.

Since I'm doing a complete update in my personal "data center" to newer technology (my XW8400s are getting tired and are about 15 years old) think I'll invest in an HMDI/USB 4 port switch.  I'll do that after I get further into the upgrade.

Thanks for the help.  Now onto finding out why he Z620 takes so long to get to the beginning of Windows 10 Pro.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 5
228 221 16 38
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Ha! Okay I'm stayin' out of that one  🙂

*Just a community member, not an HP employee.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation