Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
pavilion A6513.es S/N [edited]
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Ive added a second hdd, connected power and data cables, powered up machine and windows fails to see the new (second) hdd, any help would be

appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thank you for the update; I have a better idea of what might be going on.  Try going directly into he Disk Management tool, and see if the physical hard drive is listed.  HP PCs - Partitioning and Naming Hard Drives (Windows 7)

Let me know if that helps at all.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi there @spainishfuzz,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!  I understand that you are having trouble connecting a second hard drive.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

What is the data capacity of the hard drive you are trying to install?

Is the hard drive already partitioned, probably as type GPT?

Can you or have you tested the hard drive in another device? 

Please let me know when you can.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Ive installed the drive 2 tbs, I can see the drive in the BIOS settings and can run tests in BIOS Successfully, useing windows explorer I am unable too see the drive so have not been able the run partition.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update; I have a better idea of what might be going on.  Try going directly into he Disk Management tool, and see if the physical hard drive is listed.  HP PCs - Partitioning and Naming Hard Drives (Windows 7)

Let me know if that helps at all.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Carried out the disk management new volume and format, windows can now see the new disc, thanks for your help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.