Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP OMEN 25L GT12
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to double the SSD in my desktop from 1/2 terabyte to 1 terabyte.  I read your prior response, but I would like to know what exact "standard 2.5 SATA SSD" memory you can recommend that I should order to be fully compatible with the SSD that is already installed, and which of the multiple 2.5-3.5 adapters would work best (the Amazon link you provided had many from $5 to $30, and I'd like to know the one that will surely work!!)

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@rcheliflyer 

What is your HP Omen 25L Desktop GT12 ? For example

OMEN 25L GT12-0197c

The above machine has dual storage option with 256 M.2 NVMe SSD + 1TB HDD.

Your machine should have same motherboard and you can use 1TB or 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD drive.

You are talking about 2.5" SSD. Yes you can add 1TB or 2TB 2.5" SATA HDD or SSD to your machine. All standard 2.5" SSD drives will work.

For the adapter, it simply allows you to secure (by screws) a 2.5" drive to a 3.5" slot, no fancy. They all work.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Yes, my desktop is "Omen 25L Desktop GT12-0060 PC".

I currently have 512 GB SSD and 1TB HDD - that came with my PC.  I would like to increase the SSD to at least 1 TB.

Can I just add another 512 GB to my existing SSD, or do I need to replace my existing 512 GB SSD with a 1 TB SSD?

Re the "adapter" - is my current 512 GB SSD 2-1/2"?   is my slot 3-1/2"?  If so, how does my current 2-1/2" SSD fit in the 3-1/2" slot without an adapter?

Thanks so much for your speedy response.

HP Recommended

Will this Samsung memory work - see link:  https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-Internal-Gaming-MZ-V8P2T0B-AM/dp/B08RK2SR23?ref_=Oct_s9_apbd_onr_hd_b...

SAMSUNG 980 PRO 2TB PCIe NVMe Gen4 Internal Gaming SSD M.2 (MZ-V8P2T0B/AM)

I worry about the "PCIe" and the form factor.  If this is OK, I'll order one.

Thanks again, Banhlen
HP Recommended

HP has not responded to my last posted question below (number 4 in this trail)

HP Recommended

I opened up my desktop and  found the existing non-volatile memory is a WD 500 GB unit screwed in.  I could find no slots for adding memory.  My model number is Omen 25L Desktop GT12 0060 PC.  Where are the slots for adding additional non-volatile memory?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.