Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp all in one pc 22-b013w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I added 4gb of ram to my pc and now it turns on but blank screen 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

What type RAM module did you install? That system requires DDR3L 1600 RAM modules. More information is available here. Does the system boot properly if you remove the RAM module you added?

HP Recommended

I have the same issue. I added a Crucial CT21564BF160B 4GB stick that Crucial's website says will work. They even try to sell it to you FOR the HP 22-b013w. I can't even get to BIOS. If I remove the ram, it boots just fine.

I have Window 10 Pro 64bit

**EDIT**

I tried the Crucial ram by itself, and it was fine. I added the Kingston ram (original ram) as a second stick and it doesn't boot.

Maybe the sticks don't play well together?

HP Recommended

@oZo61 HP recommends using the HP Parts store to confirm or purchase upgrades, here's all you need to know:

you may order the replacement parts on the HP Parts Store, If you've already looked for it and couldn't find it on the HP Parts Store, you may want to get it locally at the online store such as Amazon or eBay, etc...as the part numbers are universal.

Also, I must let you know that HP does not recommend upgrades or hardware changes as the device is equipped with parts that perform at its optimal performance by design, that said, the upgradeable parts listed by HP articles are purely for your ease, as the decision to upgrade will be at your own discretion.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.