Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop PC TPE01-3000i (4M0M1AV)

I tried to add my old slave hard drive from my windows 10 pc it is a seagate barracuda 7200.12 500 gb with personal information i would like to install in my hp Product number: 319M2AA#ABA Serial number: [edit] do I need any special program or some thing.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@hossatplay , welcome to the Community.

You will need a power cable from your power supply unit (PSU), SATA cable and a spare SATA port on your motherboard.  This will allow you to use the drive as storage.

Please click the "Yes" button if my reply was helpful and "Accept as Solution" if your problem is Solved!!

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Hi

Remove the PC serial number in your post.

A slave HDD suggests the old IDE HDD standard. Your PC supports additional platter SATA HDDs or 2.5 inch SATA SSDs.

You should be able to connect the HDD using HP provided SATA data and power connections with no problems.

You might need a SATA data cable, HP usually provides a SATA power cable.

New PCs use GPT. The GPT OS installation should be able to mount the secondary SATA HDD formatted as MBR.

You might have to get a 3.5 inch SATA HDD to USB 3.0 adapter if you can't access the HDD when internally connected to the MB and power supply.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.