Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming Desktop 790-00xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi there so i want to ask u if u can advise me for a new motherboard i have hp model 844c core i5 8th gen so whats best one

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The 790 series PCs use non standard sized motherboards (MB) and proprietary power supply connections.

You can only use a HP designed MB in your PC's chassis. The Berks MB (Link) is installed in your chassis.

Regards

HP Recommended

so i cant change it or upgrade it?? thats unfair i didnt buy a laptop because i cant upgrade it is there any solution pls?

HP Recommended

Hi,

The only solution is to buy new: case, retail motherboard supporting your existing CPU, power supply, and Windows 10 product key.

Now use other existing HP components such as RAM, CPU, and storage devices in the new PC build.

You can then upgrade other components as you wish using standardized parts.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.