Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
4RS14EA#ABT
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good evening!

I have  computer desktop HP PAVILION 690-0000NJ 

SERIAL NUMBER IS [personal info removed]

MOTHERBOARD HP 843B

SYSTEM BOARD CHIPSET-INTEL CANNON POINT H370

My computer has one  Port USB 3.1 Type C 

1,Wanted to know if this USB 3.1 Type C belongs to the category of USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 or USB 3.1 Type C Gen2 ?2.How can I find out which port  USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 or USB 3.1 Type C Gen2 ?3,Can you send me a detailed description of my  HP PAVILION 690-0000NJ ? THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@grigtar , welcome back to the Community.

Here is the "Interactive Part Locator": http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06499317

If you scroll down towards the middle of the section you will find the USB 3.1Type C "Gen. 1" port.  Also, here is all of the other information for the computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000i/19769765/model/23237194...

The Manual Section is where you can find all of the Simulators, Viewers and Locators.  It will have all of the information that you need to know and all of the specifications.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@grigtar , welcome back to the Community.

Here is the "Interactive Part Locator": http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06499317

If you scroll down towards the middle of the section you will find the USB 3.1Type C "Gen. 1" port.  Also, here is all of the other information for the computer: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-gaming-desktop-pc-690-0000i/19769765/model/23237194...

The Manual Section is where you can find all of the Simulators, Viewers and Locators.  It will have all of the information that you need to know and all of the specifications.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your letter !

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

It is a PITY that on my computer has ONLY USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1, and not USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2.

1, Will I be able to feel the difference when working with Samsung SSD Portable with interfac USB 3.1 Gen 2  when using  port  USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1?I s there a big difference?

2,Which is difference between USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1, and not USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 ?

3.What is the maximum read and write speed of the port USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1?

4,What read / write speed will I have if I connect a Transcend ESD350C TS240GESD350C 240GB Portable SSD USB 3.1 Type-C with 1050MB/s read and 950MB/s write speed to my port USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 my computer HP Pavilion 690-0000nj ?

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @grigtar!

@grigtar wrote:

Thank you very much for your letter !

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP AND SUPPORT !!!

It is a PITY that on my computer has ONLY USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1, and not USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2.

1,Which is difference between USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1, and not USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2 ? The difference between USB 3.1 Gen 1 and USB Gen 2 is as simple as this: Gen 1 offers 5Gbps speeds, whereas Gen 2 offers 10Gbps.

2.What is the maximum read and write speed of the port USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1? See my answer above.

3.What is the maximum read and write speed of the port USB 3.1 Type C Gen 2? See my answer in 1.

4,What read / write speed will I have if I connect a Transcend ESD350C TS240GESD350C 240GB Portable SSD USB 3.1 Type-C with 1050MB/s read and 950MB/s write speed to my port USB 3.1 Type C Gen 1 my computer HP Pavilion 690-0000nj ? I suggest that you contact the manufacturer for this type of information.  They are the experts on their products.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.