Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp 400-314
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my computer keeps disconnecting from the internet. att came out and ran all new cables from the pole to my computer and installed a new modem/router. did not solve the problem. I have 2 playsations connected to  the same network, they have no problem staying connected. is there something in my computer that my be disfuncinal?

I will apriciate any suggestions,advice.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

i installed a USB to ETHERNET ADAPTER and it solved the problem with the disconnecting from the internet.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi there @steven1596,

May the Forums be with you!  I understand that you are having trouble with your internet connection.  I am happy to give you a hand with this.

Depending on whether you are using a wireless or wired connection, check out one of these documents: HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wired Home Networks (Windows 10),  HP PCs - Troubleshooting Wireless Network and Internet (Windows 10).

Please let me know whether that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click Kudos Thumbs Up on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

tried all that..is there an ethernet replacement card for this model ..HP Slimline 400-314 ?

HP Recommended

The HP and Compaq Desktop PCs - Motherboard Specifications (Greenwood), show only the following expansion slot: One PCI Express half-length mini card socket

It appears that the Ethernet is built into the motherboard, and the one expansion slot is already used by the Wireless LAN 802.11b/g/n featuring Single-band (2.4Ghz).

So if you have already tried bot hthe wireless and wired and had issues, you are probably stuck with replacing the motherboard itself.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
Please click Accept as Solution if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

could I use a USB to ETHERNET  ADAPTER to bypass the faulty eternet card in the motherboard ?

HP Recommended

That is definitely an option worth trying.

Malygris1
I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

i installed a USB to ETHERNET ADAPTER and it solved the problem with the disconnecting from the internet.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.