Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp envy 700 PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How to connect a second terminal, screen to my computer?

Do i need additinal hardware?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@YA2020 , welcome to the forum.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

Other than the correct cable to connect the monitor to the computer there is nothing else you need to run dual display (two monitors) on your HP Envy 700!

Here is a picture of the back of an HP ENVY 700-149 which came with an add-in graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 635) which has a single HDMI port and a combo DVI port with analog VGA output (using a DVI to VGA adapter).

431280_177600_06_front_zoom.jpg

To run dual display you would connect one monitor to the DVI port and one monitor to the HDMI port. You can get adapter cables to convert between connectors. Say for example you have two monitors and each of them only has DVI input ports, you can get a HDMI to DVI cable to connect that monitor to the HDMI port.

If your HP Envy 700 doesn't have an add-in graphics card or has a different graphics card then the one I listed then you might have a different number and layout of ports. Feel free to update your question with the exact model number or the model number of the graphics card in computer and we can provide a more exact answer but pretty much any configuration of HP Envy 700 supports dual monitors.

If after you connect your second monitor it's not displaying how you would like press Windows Key and P at the same time and it will open all the secondary display options in Windows 10 (mirror display, stretch/extend display, secondary desktop). If you want to remove the start button/taskbar from the secondary monitor rick click on the taskbar and click on properties. Scroll down to "show taskbar on all displays" and set it to off.

-Jamie M.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.