Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
dc7100
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

i have some very nice view dc7100 - almost new. i know too small watts for power suply and i have 3.2 cpu for that. i change original 3.0 on it and... it starts show 1801 error. cpu-z says it is 2.3 not 3.2... it because that error? i have 02.15 version of BIOS. it so nice to have 2mb cache, but original have only 1mb. crying.

cpu 32.PNG

another question is - how to install windows 7? 🙂 i start install, then it says: i didnt see hard drive. install drivers. and i have view button... where i can go to that hard drive :)))))))))) it see that hard drive for driver search, but cant install OS on that drive? what the? it like old joke: system is didnt see keyboard. press F1 to continue.

so i need some drivers for this dc7100 for install W7? i want to set this PC to my mom tv - for youtube. so if any solutions for that case - cpu and hdd - will be nice. and yes, i see old topic with similar case, but forum is not give me to post on to it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

why it didnt show screenshot with cpu-z screen?

and as i can understand update for cpu code it is not same as bios update. so probably if i have last bios - it is not means i have last cpu code? how ti see wich version of that cpu microcode i have?

HP Recommended

Hi:

The P4 641 processor is not supported in that model series, which is why you are getting the microcode error.

Below is the link to the quickspecs for the dc7100 where you can find the list of supported processors.

HP Compaq Business Desktop dc7100 Series (nts.nl)

I installed the P4-650 in mine.  Worked just fine.

I gave the PC away years ago.

As for why W7 isn't installing?  Unfortunately that I do not know.

I installed W7 64 bit on mine with no problem way back when.

There is a way to update the microcode, but you must either have an internal floppy drive or a USB floppy drive in order to update the microcode.

No other way to do it.

If you update the microcode there is a very slight chance the P4 641 processor may work.

The processor microcode is D0 in your screenshot.

You would only be able to see what the BIOS microcode version is if you run the microcode update from the floppy disk.

HP Recommended

with that flash programm i see version bios and microcode too. it is same as last 02.15 and 786C1 so my cpu probably is missed in that list. i will set back old 3.0 cpu. for windows - i found some dvd and will try with it. now i try with usb flash. will see what happen. HP is not liked, if some one go inside thems PC 🙂 that is why so big problem to change cpu to more powerfull 🙂

never before meet with brandname PCs. it is first one... i am expect some problem, but with not cpu... with RAM and power supply - yes. bye bye that second mb of cache 🙂

HP Recommended

aaaaa... my fault my fault 🙂 i choice wrong version from flash. now i see that hdd 🙂 false alarm. but still crying about cpu 🙂

HP Recommended

Glad you now see the hard drive.

You will need to manually install the XP driver for the graphics on W7 as the onboard Intel GMA900 graphics is not supported in W7 and there is no driver for it.

The graphics will work but no Windows Aero effects.

I installed a cheap Dell Radeon HD 2400 PCIe x16 GPU in mine so that the PC could run W7 completely.

HP Recommended

for this case - is any special low power external pci-e video for that? to safe power supply and low size of metall how it names... thing, that can be inserterted into back side of PC case...

btw i have D530 HP Compaq too 🙂 too old 478 socket 🙂 where to get Delorian of Doc Brown? :))) 

HP Recommended

you read my mind and answered, before i write 🙂

HP Recommended

Do you have the SFF or USDT?

If you have the USDT, you'll have to live with the on board Intel graphics.

If you have the SFF, the Dell Radeon HD 2400 is a low profile card and will work with your PC's 240W power supply.

I had a d530 CMT.  Great PC.

HP Recommended

SFF with 240w power supply. that is why i am  a little worry about power consume of video. with new power suply probably fine, but  my one is a little old one 🙂 probably he is loose some watts in a time...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.