Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP Obelisk Desktop 875-0027na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I my cpu was i5 9400f . I just bought and installed i9 9900k. Now, my cpu temperature is 90 degree to 100 degree when i play games. I have tried reinstalling thermal paste, but no changes. Now, I researched in the internet and found that I need a powerful cpu cooler . Please suggest me a cpu cooler for i9 9900k which will fit in my hp omen desktop.  My budget is 30 to 40 pound .  Please help me. I am confused which cpu fan should I buy for this motherboard .

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The K series is overclocked. You need to upgrade your fan and heatsink. Did it come with one?  

HP Recommended

No , I need to buy it. Can u suggest me a good fan for i9 9900k in budget 30 to 40 pound , that will fit my omen motherboard?

HP Recommended

Hey man I'm assuming you live in the UK. The link im providing is just an example.  Look for something like this locally. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1563866-REG/be_quiet_bk007_pure_rock_2_black.html/?ap=y&gclid...

I like the brown one below. It should fit

https://premiumbuilds.com/guides/best-cpu-coolers-for-i9-9900k-9900ks/

HP Recommended

@Sumaiya12,

The CPU cooler kit must support the LGA1151 socket.  Your need to measure the height from the CPU chip to the cover. I suggest you place a rigid board to do this, and subtract at least 3/4 inch for clearance to allow the panel to slide in place. Then comes the side to side.  How much area do you have.

Only as an example, because your 40 pound can not get this.  Adding a second fan , would setup a dual push-pull fan aimed at the rear exhaust fan.  Dual fan ready. The NH-U9S includes an extra set of fan mounting clips for users who want to achieve even better cooling performance by adding a second, ...

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.