Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp elite 8300 sff
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

well i got multi gpu and a slot...big wouldve thought dual backplate 1050 ti or 1650 but it needs a single i found 2 ohhh i want the bigger one theres a single backplate a msi raedon rx 550 now reg would kinda fit but theres a rx550x by hp too and hp elite 8300 IT SAAYS ESATA noow i saw a cord on back but does it do a loop? or DOES IT HAVE A ESATA PORT? dual hp woo if itd fit

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@bigbabybobkiten,

Baby steps first?  With a circa 2012 computer !

An ESata port is not a video port, it is a data port( think hard drive).

An HP 8300SFF needs a low profile card. It is suggested to use an HD 7450 card in the 8300SFF.

See Service guide pg 54

ALSO:

(1) 8300's have been around since XP, so you might have a BIOS issue.

(2) Newer graphic cards like this 1050Ti or 1650 expect a version 8 BIOS.

(3)  Open up the RUN command and enter: MSINFO32

If your PC is not running a HP version 8 BIOS then these more modern graphics cards are not going to work in your PC.  If your PC has a version 8 BIOS then review the below articles. The same information applies to Windows 10.

HP Secure Boot Windows 8 Topics   Computer Does not Start After Installing a Video Card (Windows

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

yeah umm im not quite sure but i bought mine on amazon only about 2 years ago (2018/2019) it was supposed to be refurbished and its windows 10 the two cards they said to get were a 710 or a 1050 ti i have ummmmmmm a 710 and a 1030 and umm another 710  i also added ram but you might like that one i just searched the hp elite 8300 sff ram upgrade on amazon and got a good one ddr3 idk what else now lastish thing   well i have my other ports full and a big 1 left on mobo they said     2 pcie16x a pciex1 and a pci..e..1j20      the 1j20 is left is bigger on the side     now i thought itd be a 1050ti  or 1650   but they have dual backplates and is full buuuuut theres a amd raedon rx550 with a single backplate and its just like the 1650 with shaders then theres a rx550x with 320 bits (not 64 or 128) but it says it has a esata hardware interface idk and i found that my hp elite 8300 has a esata port but idkkk    also the rx550xs are hp like all of them no msi or zotac

HP Recommended

well i got that card even though it was more expensive than a 1050 ti it was for my 2 full pcie16x slots I HAVE A BIG SLOT WHAT GOES IN IT them bigger cards have double backplates to squeeze mine and a rx550x that was bigger than a 1650 goes where my 710 and 1030 are what fits the big slot

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen 

Please help. The OP does not understand.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Hi, @wb2001 

Neither do I, so I really won't be able to help.

The 8300 Elite series has a UEFI BIOS, and was released to market in 2012.

It should support a Nvidia GT 1xxx graphics card.

I have the GT 1030 in my year older model HP 8200 Elite CMT, and it works just fine.

If the card don't fit, it don't fit.

The PC was not designed for large graphics cards.

The Nvidia GT 1030 would be the most powerful one I would go with in a SFF model, and the low profile model with the low profile brackets should fit just fine.

There are two video card slots...a black one and a white one.

The black one is the PCIe x16 slot where you install the video card.

The white one that looks exactly the same is a PCIe x4 slot.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.