Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Desktop - M01-F1033wb
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I only have a 180 W Gold efficiency power supply and i would like to know what gpu if any i can use in this desktop it has the slots to fit one. 2 M.2; 1 PCIe x16; 1 PCIe x1 ,Two PCI Express slots (1 x PCIe x16 and 1 x PCIe x1. One M.2 socket 1, Key .One M.2 socket 3, Key M, (2280/2242). 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

hi

if it is this one :

M01-F1033wb Product Specifications

Motherboard Specifications, BakerMS

Depending on the graphics card chosen, the characteristics vary depending on the manufacturer
You can only use very weak graphics cards, it may be better than nothing, but don't think about playing big games, or other heavy use
Compare for other examples, same motherboard, power supply

HP Desktop M01-F1001nl Bundle PC Product Specifications

NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 1030 (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-desktop-pc-m01-f1000i/32482405/product-info

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

could i play games like older halos or world of tanks maybe.?

HP Recommended

or is it possible to replace the power supply with a better one? 

HP Recommended

I don't have the game requirements (no time to search)
see what is recommended by editors / developers
possibly this site:

https://www.systemrequirementslab.com

For the power supply it is difficult, little possibility, look at this faq maybe:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

@ike26 

The HP M01 is a computer series.  The basic model numbers come with the 180W PSU.

HP utilizes a unique proprietary designed PSU, but the ranges are 180, 310, 400 and 500W.

@Prométhée 

Was correct that a GT1030 would work without adding any new PSU, and is also able to support the older games.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.