Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

SAM_1933.JPG

HP Recommended

Wonderful!

Now, let's see if you can get the BIOS updated...

Go back and format your USB flash drive just by right clicking on it, select Format and format it with the FAT 32 file system.

Once that is done, copy the BIOS update files that I zipped up and attached below to the flash drive.

Remember...just the files in the folder, not the folder.

You should be an expert at this by now...😊

After you have copied the files to your blank, formatted USB drive, restart the PC and go into the BIOS again.

Follow those prompts in your screen shot...File>Flash System ROM>select the USB flash drive.

The PC should 'see' the BIOS files on the flash drive.

Follow the onscreen instructions to update the BIOS, and let's hope that gets your P D 945 to work without the microcode error message.

HP Recommended

SAM_1935.JPG

HP Recommended

Does this look correct,, I'm about to Hit F10 and lether Ripp!!! 🙂 

HP Recommended

Let her rip!

That's exactly what you want to be seeing there.

Make sure you do not power down the PC during the update!

HP Recommended

Going to addorn my Onezies and Letting It Ripp! 🙂 

HP Recommended

The ROM is Flashing!!!!!!  Houston,, The ROM is Flashing 🙂 

HP Recommended

Do we have a winner?

HP Recommended

HI Sorry for the delay in reply again, JUST had to go Change my Onezies!!!  LOL  Paul!  Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat DID   IT!!!!!!!    😂 😃 😁

So,, What ever missing file was in the SP44223 file?,,, Anyway,, I have restarted the computer, and it is working great!!!!! 🙂 No F1 boot up error message just straight into windows 7!     
Paul!, I cannot thank you enough!  If there was some way I could buy you a Beer,, we would truly be having a few. You are AWE SOME! Thank yo u for not giving up and sticking with me!,, Not too many guys would do that for sure.. I am FlabberGasted and over come with Joy!  😃 Truly thank you from the Bottom of my Heart!   

HP Recommended

As the Aussie from EE would say,, Winna Winna,,, Chicken Dinna! 🙂 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.