Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp 25x
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hello everyone,  first of all im sorry for my english 😁.
there was a storm near my house and many electronic devices has been broken by a lightning strike, included my monitor 25x.
there were no characteristic burn marks like smoke or burned parts , it just turned off and now nothing turn on anymore, not the screen and not the leds, no signal of life in general.
my monitor have no guarantee anymore, so i have opened it and check by myself what could be broken inside. 

I have seen with my tester that the power board (E162032 vol 3, model 8158)is not providing any signal so i would like to change it, but i cant found nothing equal on internet.
what can i do? can i buy this specific board from hp?
thanks a lot for who can reply at me 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Since you are outside of the USA, that might present a challenge.  If you have Ebay available, similar to USA look at this

E162032 vol 3, model 8158

https://www.ebay.com/i/124419864297?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&itemid...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Unfortunately is totally different, could be perfect if i fould someone who product these kind of board , maybe even hp could sell me exactly this board

HP Recommended

I guess this is 25x monitor of some kind, this answer is GENERIC.

I worked in factory for many years,  doing just that, fixing at the component level PCB damage.

I loved lightning damage, (a challenge it is and fun) (even after fixed they failed, in burnin lab tests.(thermal and clocking tests) boom failed. see what I mean?

there is no limit to damage and worse is the walking wounded from any kind if lighting hits,  as we said, and true.

it say at the least the PSU is a wreck and not to be trusted ever again, if it goes nuts, it will blow up everything, in the PC,

CPU and GPU cards can do $500 loss easy here, (this post is monitor but PC can be bad too or soon)

the monitor is the same answer the power board is blown to kingdom come.

finding old parts takes hard work,  you see at HP partsurfer _com there are no parts sold now. right? answer all 3 questions.

USA parts do not work in your country not told, so do this.

use google to find parts sellers in your country

use EBAY or Amazon.

find new or used or refurb'd parts

next storm like this , unplug expensive toys,  TV and PC. top list.  and consider surge suppressor upgrade to the AC service panel to the home. (mines 200amps ,240/120vac 60Hz  i bet yours is not.)

the USA monitor 25x has outside PSU power pack is this what you are asking??????  19vdc 737689-001

or 633288-001 but are USA only power packs.

(E162032 vol 3, model 8158)  my EBAY clearly shows this as the INSIDE main board of the 25x monitor

I see HP dose not sell; this very old 2010 or older monitor, I can only ASSUME you check that fuse on that board right?

Do you have this.

HP 25x (3WL50AA) 24 inch 1080p Full HD Flat Monitor - Black

see that 3w code? what is yours and your country,? 

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

@savvy2 wrote:

Do you have this.

HP 25x (3WL50AA) 24 inch 1080p Full HD Flat Monitor - Black

see that 3w code? what is yours and your country,? 

yes is exactly this, i am in italy right now.

@savvy2 wrote:

the USA monitor 25x has outside PSU power pack is this what you are asking??????  19vdc 737689-001

or 633288-001 but are USA only power packs.

(E162032 vol 3, model 8158)  my EBAY clearly shows this as the INSIDE main board of the 25x monitor

I see HP dose not sell; this very old 2010 or older monitor, I can only ASSUME you check that fuse on that board right?

the power board is inside, there is just a cable that connect my electric source to the monitor.
there is no fuse inside.

3eeef2c0-2303-4e53-9a2a-dfe212a6ed84.jpg

i checked all the components, capacitors diods bjt mosfet, and everything is working. i just doubt for the integrated circuits that gave me short circuit(continuity) 

c332982e-ea63-496e-bb58-2f40b111208e.jpg

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.