Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 600 G3 Microtower PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I am trying to install all the drivers for my HP ProDesk 600 G3, but after trying everything on the support site I cannot seem to get the correct drivers for the PCI Serial Port & the PCI Simple Communications Controller.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Prego.

Below is the link to the driver you need, which should install all 3 of those devices...

This package provides the Intel Chipset Support for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78817.exe

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

You need this driver for those devices...

This package provides the Intel(R) Management Engine Components Driver for supported desktop models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp93001-93500/sp93386.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your solution, but this didn't resolve the entire issue, I still have three PCI components whithout drivers

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

How do you go from needing two drivers to three afterward?

It doesn't add up.

That file definitely contains the drivers you need for the two device descriptions you posted.

Try manually installing the PCI Simple Comms Controller and PCI serial port as follows...

Go to the device manager.  Click on the PCI Simple Comms controller needing the driver.

Click on the driver tab.  Click on Update driver.

Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and browse to the driver folder that was created when you ran the file.

That folder will be located in C:\SWSetup\sp93386.

Make sure the include subfolders box is checked, and the driver should install.

Then repeat the same process for the PCI serial port.

Here are partial copy and pastes of the driver setup information files in that folder which show driver support for the following hardware ID's...

PCI Simple Comms Controller:

[Intel.NTx86.6.1]
; DisplayName Section DeviceId
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBA 
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3A 
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13A 
%TEE_DeviceDesc%=TEE_DDI, PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BA 

PCI serial port:

[Intel.NTx86.6.1]

%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9CBD
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9D3D
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A13D
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2BD
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A1BD
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A23D
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9DE3
%SRL_DeviceDesc% = ComPort, "PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A363

Your PCI simple comms controller and PCI serial port devices should be one of the above hardware ID's, in each section I posted, under the applicable device.

To find the hardware ID for a device, use this guide to to find the hardware ID and see if the ID's match one of those on the driver file listings...

https://www.howtogeek.com/193798/how-to-find-drivers-for-unknown-devices-in-the-device-manager/

HP Recommended

pci controller.png

Than you very much for your answer, by the description I understand that is only one device with three components

PCI Data Acquisition and Signal Processing Controller driver

SMBus Controller

PCI MEMORY CONTROLLER

Id Harward

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&SUBSYS_829D103C&REV_00
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&SUBSYS_829D103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&CC_058000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A2A1&CC_

Thank you for your help

HP Recommended

Prego.

Below is the link to the driver you need, which should install all 3 of those devices...

This package provides the Intel Chipset Support for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78817.exe

Restart the PC after installing the driver.

HP Recommended

This was the definitive solution, i had on the OS a newer software installed, I downgrade the software to this version and everithing works fine.

Thank you very much

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.