Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-xa0119Example: Pavilion 6530
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

How can i get my camera working again. I think it might have stopped working when a windows 10 upgrade was installed. The camera can not be seen in device manager and should be hp 2.0mp hd web cam. Any help would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

did work

then not now w10

device manager must show it and ALL USB ports good too.

w10 newer versions sets mute on mics defaults and camera dead for security, so turn it on.

so be internet connected first, are you so PNP can run? plug and pray???????

right click dead cam, or set DM to view  hidden device, shows older devices used before even all USB things.

so see cam now and click on it and update driver?

or go to hp.com goto your support page, exact model or use service tag to do that correctly

then get all missing driver from there, w10 -64bit.

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.