Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

hi there

i have also got the same problem. i have followed the same steps as you described but it is still not detecting. This has come about after the last windows 10 update which i installed yesterday.

I cant see it being a hardware problem as it was working fine before the update, just doesnt detect now after.

please can you help me

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@iandavid,

Welcome to the HP Support Community 

• What is the exact model for your computer?
  • What is the exact issue you are facing?
  • Have you performed any troubleshooting steps before posting?

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ok. This is a hp pavilion laptop, model g6-2235tx. I did the windows 10 updates last weekend and when I started some data disk burning I found the DVD rom drive was not recognising any disks I inserted. 

I checked the disks on another computer for integrity and they were ok.

i then uninstalled the rom drive on device manager & restarted the laptop.. did not fix.

i then uninstall the windows 10 updates & uninstalled the rom drive again.. again did not fix.

I have reinstalled the windows updates & given up on the drive until help arrives??

HP Recommended

@iandavid,

I recommend you follow the steps in the below article to resolve this issue.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03280768

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

that didnt work, the diagnostic did not include a test for the optical drive.

I have left notes with HP at the tool feedback page & on the website to show there is a problem with the tool

nearly got it but then missed completely

also, the UEFI diagnostics test from the pc startup did not look anything like the menu pics you displayed on you fix page

only gave me 3 primative txt otions

HP Recommended

@iandavid
Thank you for posting back. 

Let's clear the registry filters for Device Manager error codes 1019313239 or 41.

1. Unplug all non-essential external plug and play devices, especially cameras.

2. In Windows, search for and open regedit.

3. Select Computer in the main window.

Image of Registry Editor

4. Click File, click Export, type a filename that is easy for you to remember, then click Save.

A copy of the registry has been saved for back-up purposes to the Documents folder. If problems occur after using these steps, browse to the file and double-click it to restore the registry.

5. Click the arrow next to each of the following items in the list:

• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE

• SYSTEM

• CurrentControlSet

• Control

• Class

6. Select 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318. Make sure you have selected this exact key name.

7. If a LowerFilters value is listed on the right side of the Registry Editor window, select the LowerFilters value and press the Delete key. Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

The Registry Editor with Lower Filters highlighted

8. If an UpperFilters value is also listed, select UpperFilters in the right side of the window and press the Delete key.

Confirm the deletion by clicking Yes.

9. Delete LowerFiltersall other UpperFilters and values within the 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 key if any exist.

10. Close the Registry Editor, and then restart the computer. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

hi there echo_lake

i thank you for putting in the time to come up with this probable detailed solution.

Unfortunately, i was able to remove/delete the Upperfilters value as you described, as there was no lowerfilters entry.

I restarted the laptop then tried the dvdrom drive again, .... epic fail.

clipboard_image_1.png

I then tried a dvd disk in the drive, to which this familiar error message popped up again..

clipboard_image_0.png

Thank you for your time, i just hope that HP get their diagnostic tool fixed so that it may check optical drives.

I may have to just get a cheap external dvd drive until then. 

by the way. how do you clear the registry filters for Device Manager error codes 1019313239 or 41.??????

HP Recommended

@iandavid

Let's try this:
Use the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics tool to test the drive for hardware issues.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Press the power button to turn on the computer, and then immediately press the Esc key repeatedly until the Startup Menu opens.

Startup Menu

3. Press F2 to open the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI.

4. Click Component Tests.

Selecting Component Tests from the main menu

5. Click Optical Drive, and then run all the available tests. Have a working CD or DVD available to complete the tests. Each test takes 1 to 2 minutes to run.

Selecting Optical Drive in the Component Tests menu

6. Follow any instructions to resolve any issues found, and then test a disc in the drive.

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.