Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One 24-e0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hp support assistant keeps notifying me of updates but then skips or fails to install the updates. It then resets and notifys me of the updates again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Chunkyis!

Sometimes HPSA can be a bit picky.  I can't give you any good reason why it will work perfectly for some and terribly for others.  The only other solution that I can offer is, use Reva Uninstaller (FREE version), Advanced option, to completely uninstall HPSA.  The Advanced option not only removes it from the hard drive, but any thing remaining in the Registry:  https://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Just do a scan and use Select All and Delete.  I have used it for years on my more than difficult apps without any problems.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Chunkyis , welcome to the forum.

This will happen periodically.  When this happens to me and it does, I simply delete the update and try again later.  If the update continues to fail, I suggest that you update HP Support Assistant to the latest version to see if that corrects the problem:  https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Hi Old-geekster, many thanks for your response,  I've tried your solution, uninstalling HPSA re-booting and then reinstalling from the HP website but it's still happening. I get the notification that there are three updates for my desktop, go to download them, but after the process completes, it states there are no new updates.  Visiting the action log shows that the 'Push Button Reset' update was skipped several times last month, but no new updates.  When I shut the HPSA screen down to standby mode, within a few seconds I again get notified that there are 3 updates awaiting, and so I again through the download process with the same result ?

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Chunkyis!

Sometimes HPSA can be a bit picky.  I can't give you any good reason why it will work perfectly for some and terribly for others.  The only other solution that I can offer is, use Reva Uninstaller (FREE version), Advanced option, to completely uninstall HPSA.  The Advanced option not only removes it from the hard drive, but any thing remaining in the Registry:  https://download.cnet.com/Revo-Uninstaller/3000-2096_4-10687648.html

Just do a scan and use Select All and Delete.  I have used it for years on my more than difficult apps without any problems.

HP Recommended

Thanks again for the advice

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Chunkyis.  Good luck!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.