Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

hI

I  have  a  HP  desktop  pavilion    with  a  disk  HDD thath have installed  the   windows  8. 1  os 

i would  like  to isntall  a  SSD  disk (samsung)  and   make a  clone  of   HDD  disk  to  SSD.

there  some  steps   to do this procedure ??

thnak you

george 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@george1971 wrote:

thank you 

the    AOMEI    backup     is  not free 

Hi,

There is a free version, I use it nearly every months.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are few steps, pleae try

1. Clone: You can clone ixisting HDD to SSD using free software such as

https://www.easeus.com/backup-utility/move-windows8.html

2. Swap: Swap HDD and SSD. SSD is physically smaller you need something similar to:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2-5-SSD-SAS-to-3-5-SATA-Hard-Disk-Drive-HDD-Adapter-CADDY-TRAY-Hot-Swap-P...

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

thank you  !

i  think  to  use the  data migration sofware  of  samsung   

i would   to ask you  if is  necessary to  install  the  SSD  disk   with the    typical procedure  :  run  the 

diskmgmt.msc  open the  disk manger......?

George

HP Recommended

thank you 

HP Recommended

@george1971 wrote:

thank you 

Hi,

There is a free version, I use it nearly every months.

Regards.

BH

HP Recommended

thank you  for 

answer

in  AOMEI  I  choose     clone -> disk  clone   ??     or the  other  choice  ( system  clone,  partition clone

thank  

HP Recommended

i  have  tow  more  questions 

1.  Ths  ssd  disk  must  be  declare  in  disk manager??  or must  remain  unallocated  ( mys HDD is  GPT)

2.  muste change  the bios  to  legacy mode  from UEFI  for  booting properly  from  SSD clone ?

thank  you again

George 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.