Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
e5e78aa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all,

I recently received a k2500 HP wireless KBD as a gift, I have put this on my custom machine running windows 10. 

I have noticed the up and left cursor keys do not work 😞 - I suspect this is a driver issue but there isnt a windows 10 driver for this product on the HP website

I have removed all other wireless devices, re-connected the KBD and followed the general troubleshooting procedures but still no joy.

can anyone help?

thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Mwoolf,

If the unit is under warranty and is brand new, The HP technician did this with good intentions by keeping your best interest in mind. Since the keyboard is brand new. 

The store should not hesitate to get the keyboard exchanged for you as it is within a return window of the store also. You could get the keyboard exchanged for a brand new one.

Do not worry, we will always stand by our product.If the stores drag their feet, HP will ensure that the issue is taken care of. Please keep me posted. I will always be there to assist you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Mwoolf, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand that Up arrow key and left cursor on your keyboard do not work.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

This looks to be a hardware issue with the keyboard.

However, you can try reinstalling the keyboard drivers.

First Go to windows desktop

Hold Windows key + Letter R key.

Run dialog box would open type devmgmt.msc

Device manager window will open.

Expand keyboards.

Right click the keyboard icon and select properties.

Go to driver tab and select update driver.

Select browse my computer for driver software

Select keyboards and k2500 from the list and install the generic drivers.

Restart your PC and check if the keys work fine.

Also, try checking with an alternate keyboard, If the alternate keyboard works well.

It is a hardware issue with your k2500 keyboard.

You have to contact HP for service options.

Link to contact HP.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, Unfortunatley these steps have not resolved the issue,

I have followed the steps but the he only drivers it finds is named as "HID keyboard device", it does not list the make and model of the KBD.  

The KBD is currently using the following driver 

Driver Provider - Microsoft 

Driver date -  21/06/2006

Driver number - 10.0.14393.206

Digital Signer - Microsoft

Not sure if it makes any difference but i am also using a HP K3000 wireless mouse which uses a seperate mico usb to connect -  unplugging this device does not make any difference.

I cannot find any windows 10 drivers on the HP website so assume this KDB will not fully work with Windows 10 unless there is a generic windows 10 driver somewhere.

Thanks

Mark

HP Recommended

Hi @Mwoolf,

I read your response and reviewed it comprehensively. Kudos to you for a job wonderfully done. 🙂 Yes, the keyboard uses Microsoft native drivers for windows 10. It does not require any special drivers. If it did it would not have responded in the first place until the correct drivers are installed.

• Uninstall it from device manager and restart the computer and check if it works again.
  • Then if it does not, Please try with a different USB wired keyboard and check it all the characters work correctly as suggested in the previous post.
  • If it does, then the issue is with this wireless keyboard and it needs to be replaced.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help.

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

Happy holidays to you and your family. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI

tried a wired KBD and all keys work as expected including the cursor keys.  how do i go about getting the Kbd replaced under warranty?

thanks for you help thus far,

regards Mark

HP Recommended

@Mwoolf

You've done a remarkable job performing the steps suggested earlier, great work 🙂 

And don't worry, as we should be able to fix this up with a few more steps and I'll be with you until we ensure this issue is fixed.

I understand you've connected an alternate keyboard and that works fine,

You have two options for replacement of the keypad, either replace it via HP Parts store (if not covered by warranty)

Or Contact HP and have it repaired under factory warranty options.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Let me know how that pans out, 

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Regards,

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Mwoolf,

I was away for my weekend and could not respond right away. First off, you've done a commendable job and kudos to you for that. You have been amazing to work with and it has been an absolute privilege to share this platform with you. 🙂

In addition to the information given by colleague and me, I would like to keep you posted about one important thing.

If the unit is under warranty, then the manufacturer's warranty should take care of repair services. Besides, you get an additional 90-day warranty for this hardware service,

i

f the warranty is about to expire, then the hardware warranty kicks in. It depends on the date of the warranty expiry. The unit will be covered for 90 days after the unit is serviced and delivered to you or the remaining period of your warranty whichever is greater.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. 🙂  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  🙂

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. 🙂

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

HI

I have contacted  HP support VIA chat, and they have advised me to take the unit back to place of purhcase as it is practically brand new.  The unit was pruchased 17/12/2016 as a Xmas gift and was not taken out of the box until 26/12, so the unit has probably had less than 24 hours in use.

I was not expecting the support person to advise this and thought this issue would be dealt with directly via HP, not put the issue back to the shop that sold the product.   

this has left me very frustrated as i will now have to explain everything to a shop attendant who will prob just tell me to contact HP!!!!!!!!

thanks

Mark

HP Recommended

Hi @Mwoolf,

If the unit is under warranty and is brand new, The HP technician did this with good intentions by keeping your best interest in mind. Since the keyboard is brand new. 

The store should not hesitate to get the keyboard exchanged for you as it is within a return window of the store also. You could get the keyboard exchanged for a brand new one.

Do not worry, we will always stand by our product.If the stores drag their feet, HP will ensure that the issue is taken care of. Please keep me posted. I will always be there to assist you.

Hope this helps.  Let me know how this pans out. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Smiley Happy  Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.  Smiley Happy

If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have now had the KBD replaced directly by the store purchased from and item is working perfectly.  I now understand why the support person, via chat, told me to take this option as they didnt quibble and just replaced on the spot. This must be due  to the high reputation of HP products 🙂

I appreciate all the support given, commend you in the swift responses and customer care you have shown. Kudos to you all

Kind regards

Mark

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.