Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Bang & Olefsen
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Uncertain that I'm asking this in the right category but ---  I have a Bang & Olefsen computer from HP and it came with an HP wireless keyboard.  This does not require an external USB  dongle to operate.  Would any wireless keyboard, say Logitech or Dell work with the built in keyboard dongle?  I am not anti HP, but the keyboard that came with the computer has a few annoying drawbacks.  First, in order to use the function keys you have to hold down the fn key with one hand and press the F keys with the other.   Second, it is not back lit.  Third, the F keys are half-sized and faintly marked so that it is difficult to be sure that you are pressing the correct one.  I want to find a better keyboard.   HP might have one.  I would appreciate recommendations.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I plugged in a Dell corded keyboard and it is working fine.  I don't like the feel of the keys but i suppose I will get used to it soon.  The function keys are boldly marked and I can use them with one hand and in that regard this is a better keyboard.  I will probably try some others until I settle on something.  Wish I had an old HP keyboard to try.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Klem , welcome to the Community.

@Klem wrote:

Uncertain that I'm asking this in the right category but ---  I have a Bang & Olefsen computer from HP and it came with an HP wireless keyboard.  This does not require an external USB  dongle to operate.  Would any wireless keyboard, say Logitech or Dell work with the built in keyboard dongle?  I am not anti HP, but the keyboard that came with the computer has a few annoying drawbacks.  First, in order to use the function keys you have to hold down the fn key with one hand and press the F keys with the other.   Second, it is not back lit.  Third, the F keys are half-sized and faintly marked so that it is difficult to be sure that you are pressing the correct one.  I want to find a better keyboard.   HP might have one.  I would appreciate recommendations.

I don't know about Dell keyboards, but HP matches their dongles to their keyboards.  You won't be able to use theirs with any other brand of keyboard.  The dongle is removable.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I wonder if there is an HP keyboard that would resolve the issues I mentioned.  Anyone know of one?

HP Recommended

@Klem, again, I don't believe that you will be able to use another keyboard, even a HP, with the dongle in your computer.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  I will see if I can find information on how to remove the dongle.

HP Recommended

HP Envy All-in-One 27-bXX Product nuymber: 2QT45AV  Win 10 Pro 64 version 19041.928

A new keyboard will come with a USB dongle.  Will there be a conflict?

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @Klem!

You will have to remove the current dongle.  However, I can't find any guides to help you find it.  I believe that you have to remove the cover where you remove the stand.

HP Recommended

I plugged in a Dell corded keyboard and it is working fine.  I don't like the feel of the keys but i suppose I will get used to it soon.  The function keys are boldly marked and I can use them with one hand and in that regard this is a better keyboard.  I will probably try some others until I settle on something.  Wish I had an old HP keyboard to try.

HP Recommended

@Klem 

I didn't mention a wired keyboard, but it is definitely a way to solve your problem.  I have had both over the years and am using a wired gaming keyboard and mouse.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.