Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp omen gt12-0068nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
buonasera cosa significa memoria dual channel (dimm 2 per canale)? grazie aspetto una risposta

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey  @mirkone01 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hey  @mirkone01 🙂

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Community. We advise you to post your question in English to insure a quick response for the Community.This can also help other users to take advantage of your post, in the case they have the same question.

Thank you for your understanding.

Regards,

MarcusC

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Hi, @mirkone01 

Here is an explanation of what dual channel vs single channel memory means...

RAM: Single Channel vs Dual Channel - Appuals.com

HP Recommended

hello thanks for the answer but I have 4 slots but it tells me that they are 2 dimm per channel

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

As I explained to you this morning, if your PCs motherboard's memory slots are not color coded, you install the memory like this...8 + 0 +8 +0.

That will allow the memory to run in dual channel mode.

You have to install the memory in matching capacities in each set of slots. 

it does not have to be the same amount.

It can be:

8 + 4 + 8 +4 to run in dual channel mode, but it cannot be 8 + 8 + 4 + 4.

And of course, it can be 8 + 8 + 8 +8 to also have both memory channels run in  dual channel mode.

I have a PC that has all four memory slots filled like this...8 +16 + 8 +16 and both channels run in dual channel mode because the memory in each pair of slots is the same capacity.

HP Recommended

Thanks guys

HP Recommended

Anytime.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Also when you have only one memory module installed, it runs in single channel mode.

For example, if the memory spec is DDR4-2666 MHz that is the dual channel speed (2 memory chips in the channel).

With only one memory chip installed DDR4-2666 MHz memory runs at 1333 MHz (single channel speed).

HP Recommended

I buy another One 2666 MHz?

HP Recommended

I was using 2966 MHz memory as an example.

Your PC uses DDR4-2933 MHz memory and unfortunately you have one of those model PC's where you must buy the HP memory or the PC's memory will run at a slower speed (usually 2400 MHz), since you can't make any memory XMP profile adjustments in the BIOS.

You would have to get the HP part number off the existing memory chip and see if you can get the exact same part.

It will probably be very expensive.

The parts list for your PC does not list the memory part number.

HP PartSurfer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.