01-11-2019 11:38 AM
my SD card reader says access denighed and will not read my card
01-12-2019 02:41 PM
Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.
I have gone through your Post and would like to help
Are you experiencing this issue with other cards as well or only one particular card?
Have you tried the card on other devices?
This seems to be a permission issue in Windows if you are facing this issue with every cards
Please try these steps
- Right-click on the inaccessible drive in this case your SD Card ( Ex drive E )
- Now go to the ‘Properties’ section.
- Select the ‘Security’ and click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- The “Permissions for New Volume (E:)” dialog box appears, as shown in the figure below. Click the ‘Add’ button to continue.
- Add a new user named ‘Authenticated User’ and Click ‘OK’.
- From the permission section, give ‘full control’ to newly added user and click ‘OK’.
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee