Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP p7 1110
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have a p7 1110 with the Carmel 2 motherboard, and I installed a Gt 720 GPU. The computer starts up fine, the fans spin on the gpu, but I cannot seem to get the video to display from the gpu, but only from the integrated graphics.

The Gt720 is in the computer right now, fan spinning and everything. Is the MB even compatible with this card?

I have a stronger psu and running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

Thank You.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @saabovich,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having an issue with the Graphics Card, and wanted to assist you!

Based on the Product Specifications of your desktop, and the GeForce GT 720, the Motherboard should support it.  The Motherboard supports PCI Express x16 Graphic Cards.  The GPU has Bus Support for PCI Express 2.0, and the Motherboard is Gen2.0 supported for all PCI Express slots, except the Mini Card slot.  The Graphics Card requires a minimum System Power of 300W, where as your unit has 250W.  I do understand that you indicated having a stronger Power Supply.  You may consider checking the Graphics Card to see if it is installed properly.  This is because, integrated video should not be available if a Graphics Card is installed.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
Click the Thumbs Up to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @saabovich,

Welcome back to the HP Support Forums!

I understand that you are having an issue with the Graphics Card, and wanted to assist you!

Based on the Product Specifications of your desktop, and the GeForce GT 720, the Motherboard should support it.  The Motherboard supports PCI Express x16 Graphic Cards.  The GPU has Bus Support for PCI Express 2.0, and the Motherboard is Gen2.0 supported for all PCI Express slots, except the Mini Card slot.  The Graphics Card requires a minimum System Power of 300W, where as your unit has 250W.  I do understand that you indicated having a stronger Power Supply.  You may consider checking the Graphics Card to see if it is installed properly.  This is because, integrated video should not be available if a Graphics Card is installed.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for.  Also, clicking the Thumbs up below is a great way to say thanks!

Have a great day!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.
HP Recommended

Thank You for the responce, but from what I've gathered, HP has not and will not update the BIOS for this board to work with GeForce 7xx GPUs. I bought a (much older) Radeon HD 4550 which should work with the board, the question is: What changes in the Bios settings  do I have to make to make it work? I disabled Integrated graphics in safe mode.

HP Recommended

Hello @saabovich,

Thank you for the quick reply!

To my understand, you should not need to make any changes to the BIOS in order for the card to work.  As stated in my previous post, once a Graphics Card is installed, the integrated video should not be available by default.  I hope this helps.

Regards!

SDF15
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.