Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
880-p0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i just purchased pny anarchy x ram, 16gb to upgrade my omen 5 desktop. Its rated at 2800 mhz. is this a problem? the 8gb it came with is as underwhelming as the rest of it. Does anyone know if its compatible? thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

in your specs it says:

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    NOTE: 
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Have you tried to use only 2 dimms? does it start with 2? If still not...then those must not be compatible with motherboard...Return them and get a kit PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400) that can natively plug and play run this frequency
Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@schrst 

What is your Omen 880-p0xx  (xx can be from 00 to 99 plus few more characters). Please check its label at its back.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I cant find your system specs...although i can say you this...

Any RAM memory will work...just not at the rated speeds....because HP notherboards dont support XMP (Xtreme memory profile) so that means it will go at 2133 Mhz which is the most probable value..in order to work at CPU rated speed...the memory needs to have JEDEC speeds/plug and play....otherwise if it only supports higher speed using XMP...will default to 2133

Mike
HP Pavilion 590-p0026nq, Core i7-8700, 8GB, 1TB, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060+Samsung 970 Evo Plus 256 GB NVMe
HP Recommended

It's a 880-058. The memory is pc4 22400, ddr4 2800. It is dimm form factor. 16gb total, 4gbx4. I put it in last night and it didn't work. I would really appreciate if you could help me with this because I need to return it if I can't use it. 

HP Recommended

in your specs it says:

Memory upgrade information

• Dual channel (2 DIMMs per channel) memory architecture
  • Four DDR4 UDIMM (288-pin) sockets
  • Supports PC4-19200 (DRR4-2400)
  • Supports 4 GB and 8 GB DDR4 UDIMMs
  • Supports up to 4 GB on 32-bit systems
    NOTE: 
    32-bit systems cannot address a full 4.0 GB of memory.
  • Supports up to 32 GB (unbuffered) on 64-bit computers
    NOTE: 
    Maximum memory shown reflects the capability of the hardware and can be limited further in the operating system.

Have you tried to use only 2 dimms? does it start with 2? If still not...then those must not be compatible with motherboard...Return them and get a kit PC4-19200 (DDR4-2400) that can natively plug and play run this frequency
Mike
HP Recommended

I have to ask, by what standard could my pc be labeled a gaming pc? I am paying about $2000 over 2 years for what is seemingly a piece of junk. I am disabled and the only way I could afford anything was to buy on payments but I think I could have spent $500 and gotten a better machine. The more I learn about it the more upsetting it is. 

HP Recommended

It would be fantastic if I could run out and just get different ram. To make the machine playable. I unfortunately get 750 dollars a month to live. And the only way I could get the ram I have is used on eBay for 80 bucks. Sorry, I appreciate your help. I don't mean to gripe at you. Sincerely thank you. I read the same information but lack the capacity to understand it. 

HP Recommended

Yes I understand your frustration!! and I understand that your situation is difficult...

Unfortunately there are many limitations on HP motherboards...and compatibility problems...

So you will have to try another RAM if possible or stick with the original ones...I dont know what else to advice you to do!

Mike
HP Recommended

Thanks, not your problem. I definitely won't be getting another hp or amd for that matter lol. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.