Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp prodesk 600 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

how would i go about upgrading the psu in a prodesk 600 G1 this is needed so i can be able to power a gpu i got for it any clue on what i can do

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ek308666 -- what is the wattage of the current power-supply? 

What is the wattage consumed by the CPU?  Maybe, 65 watts?

The RAM consumes much less than 1 watt.

A "spinning" disk-drive consumes less than 10 watts, while a SSD consumes even less.

What wattage is consumed by the motherboard? By the CD/DVD device? 

What wattage is consumed by external devices, such as USB 3.5-inch floppy-reader, or external 2-inch disk-drive?

What is the wattage requirement for the new GPU? I tend to ignore any recommendation that comes with it -- something like "400 watt power-supply is required".

Evaluate your wattage needs, before spending your money on a different power-supply.

If you are not familiar with disassembling your computer, such as to replace the power-supply, I recommend that you take the computer to a professional technician.

HP Recommended

idk how much the cpu uses its a i5 4570 

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.