Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Is it possible to upgrade the intel processor in a pavilion 23 f260xt  all in one so it will work with windows 11? It came with an intel i3-3220t cpu 2.80 GHZ. According to the list  at  microsoft this is one of the processors that will not work with their new operating system. Every other spec matches though. This is a great computer and I do not want to be forced to give it up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

It would not be possible to make your PC's hardware to be fully W11 qualified.

You can install W11 by using one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods on the internet.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that.

https://dongknows.com/steps-for-windows-11-upgrade-on-unsupported-hardware/ 

Before you try upgrading to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

It would not be possible to make your PC's hardware to be fully W11 qualified.

You can install W11 by using one of the several W11 hardware check bypass methods on the internet.

I found this method to be the easiest way to do that.

https://dongknows.com/steps-for-windows-11-upgrade-on-unsupported-hardware/ 

Before you try upgrading to W11, I recommend that you make a system image of your current W10 installation prior to updating to W11, so you can easily reinstall W10 in the future.  I used the free Macrium Reflect software to do that, under the Backup at Home section. 

Along with the system image, make sure you create the bootable DVD or USB rescue drive you boot from to access the system image stored on your portable hard drive.

Macrium Software | Reflect Free Edition

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.