Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Graphics card Upgrade requires 350w power supply. Can't find one to fit this pc.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@RussellB1 , welcome to the forum.

Which version is your PC - Microtower, Microtower (W/PCI slot), Small Form Factor or Desktop Mini PC?

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

I don't know what all that info is below your question, but my HP ProDesk 600 G4 has a PCI slot, though none of those versions were written anywhere on the tower.  If having a small foot print qualifies it as Small Form Factor (SFF), it isn't identified anywhere. I have 3,2ghz i7,16gb ram and a 256gb SSD (no HDD) and Intel UHD Graphics 630, which I am hoping to upgrade to EVGA GeForce GTX 950. I tried replying to you last night but I don't know my way around here well yet, so I just ran myself in circles. The 250w power supply is not only small, but connects to the motherboard and peripherals much different than when I was working on these things.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @RussellB1.

Here is a guide to help you determine the version of the computer.  If you provide the Product Number it will help.

HP Recommended

This may help also: Serial# USH841L16T

Thanks

HP Recommended

The Product# is 3XN32U8#ABA and in one place includes the additional characters **edited. 

Thanks again.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the additional information, @RussellB1!

Here is the Maintenance and Service Guide for the computer.  On Page 6, "Illustrated parts catalog", it lists a 400W power supply unit (PSU) option.  However, it is not listed in the components for your computer in HP PartSurfer.  This means that it probably was never provided by HP; except as an original purchase option.  Also, I can't tell from any of the information in the Guide if the power connector on the motherboard is a standard 24-pin ATX connector.  This is imperative because you would need an adapter and I have not been able to find any on the Internet.  I suggest that you contact one of the PSU manufacturer's (I like Corsair.) to see if they have a PSU that will work in your computer.  They are the experts on their products.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Thanks for all your help. At least now I have a direction to try. By the way, the power supply does NOT connect to the motherboard with a standard 24 pin ATX connector. I'm wondering if this really good deal has boxed me into a corner and rendered my PC  not expandable due to the power supply albatross. I'll come back and finish this up if I actually find what I need. Thanks again.

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @RussellB1!  I am always glad to help.

HP has their motherboards made to their specifications.  Therefore, they are not necessarily the same as retail boards.  They don't expect their business computers to be upgraded, since businesses normally buy new when this is necessary.  I would appreciate hearing the outcome.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.