Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I would like to replace the ram on this computer. Right now I have just 3GB. I ran a Crucial program and found that this one is

guareenteed compatible.

Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM

I tried to find a video to show how to change it. I found two but neither one were my exact model, so the inside of computers looked very different. I would like to change this myself but do not want to find any surprises. Does anyone have a link to a video that shows this models insides?

Thank you for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Darlene9

Welcome to HP Community

As per the Specifications the computer can support up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCs (DIMMs run at DDR3-1066)

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-omni-100-5000-desktop-pc-series/4273707/model/5053913/docume...

For replacement instructions, you can refer to page 16 in the Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02678968

Keep me posted if you need further assistance 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Darlene9

Welcome to HP Community

As per the Specifications the computer can support up to 8 GB on 64-bit PCs (DIMMs run at DDR3-1066)

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-omni-100-5000-desktop-pc-series/4273707/model/5053913/docume...

For replacement instructions, you can refer to page 16 in the Service Guide: http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c02678968

Keep me posted if you need further assistance 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank-you for the quick response. Those instructions are exactly what I was looking for. Very clear step by step AND with pictures! Bonus!!

Could you just confirm that this would be the correct RAM to buy

Crucial 8GB Kit (2 x 4GB) DDR3L-1600 SODIMM

I do not understand much of all the details in the 'memory capacity' section of the instructions and do not want to buy the wrong thing.

Also, you have said I can use 8GB and Crucial says I can use 8GB but the instructions actually say a max of 4GB. Can you please clarify. 

Thank-you.

Darlene

HP Recommended

@Darlene9,

As @KrazyToad  might be off this weekend, or on a different shift, let me explain.

RAM (memory) comes in sizes 1, 2, 4 GB that will work with your machine.  There are 2 slots, which presently you have occupied with a 1GB and 2GB module.  The max in each of the 2 slots in 4GB, so you remove both, and replace with a 4GB in EACH slot. So, the kit is a pair of 4GB modules.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank-you. That has really helped.

I have been slow to respond because I lost the use of my laptop. I decided that I did not want to go ahead and order ram until I had it fixed so that I can have the instructions open on it while I try to install the ram on desktop.

I originally did a computer scan on the Crucial site to find out which was compatible. Then on Amazon I thought that I found the correct one and I put it into my shopping cart.

Today I did another scan on Crucial site and it came up with a different number. Are they the same thing?

This is the one that as in my shopping cart

8GB Kit (4GBx2), 260-pin SODIMM, DDR4 PC4-19200,

CT2K4G4SFS824A

This is the one Crucial suggested today.

Crucial 8GB Kit (4GBx2) DDR4 2400 MT/S (PC4-19200) SR x8 SODIMM 260-Pin Memory - CT2K4G4SFS824A

HP Recommended

@Darlene9 

It is still this pair:  https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/hp-omni-100-5052/CT9178509

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thank you to Krazy Toad. I ordered the new RAM from Amazon. Thanks to the wonderful detailed instructions I was able to install it. The computer is working much faster.

Now that I have done that, would replacing the processor help speed it up more? This is the one I have.

AMD Athlon™ II x2 250U Processor 1.60 GHz

HP Recommended

@Darlene9

I'm glad you got this issue resolved

Upgrading the Processor will definitely improve the overall performance. But keep in mind that replacing the processor will cost a lot more compared to Ram replacement

Do visit our HP Community and drop us a message anytime you need help 😊

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.