Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP aio 23-q014
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi All.

i have HP aio 23-q014 pc. i want upgrage to ssd hard drive.is 2.5" sata 3 ssd compitable with it? 

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC has a 2.5 inch SATA HDD now.

I see no reason why you can't install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD.

The only problem would be the size of the SSD you install. HP recovery media will look for a 1 TB storage device.

The HP recovery media may not work if you install anything less than a 1 TB storage device.

You will have to use other recovery methods if you need to restore the operating system.

Regards

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@filozof,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that you want to upgrade the hard drive on the computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I checked the specifications of your computer and the motherboard and see that your computer doesn’t support SSD.

Please refer to the below links for more information.

Product specifications: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-23-q000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/7902091/...

Motherboard: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-23-q000-all-in-one-desktop-pc-series-touch/7902091/...

Hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome back to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

Your PC has a 2.5 inch SATA HDD now.

I see no reason why you can't install a 2.5 inch SATA SSD.

The only problem would be the size of the SSD you install. HP recovery media will look for a 1 TB storage device.

The HP recovery media may not work if you install anything less than a 1 TB storage device.

You will have to use other recovery methods if you need to restore the operating system.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Grzwacz

thank you for your help.i don't care about recovery disk,i can setup raw windows 10.

do you think any 2.5 inch sata hdd compatible with my pc? 

HP Recommended

Hi the_fossette.

thank you for your help.may i please ask,is motherboard not compatible with ssd or it won't work because of ssd size capacity? 

thanks again.

HP Recommended

Hi Filozof,

You're very welcome.

You can do a Samsung, Crucial, Adata, WD, or others.

They all are the same dimensions and use the same SATA data and power connections.

The drive capacity size of less than 1 TB will only mess up HP recovery media. Your motherboard is compatible with SATA SSDs.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Filozof,

I may jumped the gun on the HDD size in your PC.

It is a 3.5 inch drive; thanks wb2001.

You should be able to use a 3.5 inch to 2.5 inch HDD adapter to fit a 2.5 inch drive.

I am not sure as I have not worked on the inside of your specific product.

You would have to take a look to see what you have in there.

The data and power connections are compatible and the SATA SSD will be recognized by the system.

Regards

HP Recommended

The fossette

you are hp employee and you giving false information to people.i already setup 2.5" ssd drive and works well.

HP Recommended

Hi Filozof,

Good to see the SSD worked for you.

Did your AIO have a 2.5 inch HDD or did you have to use a 3.5 inch to 2.5 inch HDD adapter?

This would be good to know.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.