Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 570-p047c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I would like to install a ssd drive in my pavilion 570-p047c desktop. I can't find out if it is compatable. It has a sata, 2 tb hard drive, core i7, 16 gig of ram. if you look at the model number in seystem information it showes ( pc 570-p0xx). the 570-p047c was a hp scan of the system. i just don't want to invest money in a ssd if it won't work. thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi Avants,

Please refer to the following Lubin motherboard image. The M.2 NVME SSD slot is circled in red.

Lubin_M.2.PNG

You need a MB standoff and a Phillips #1 screw to secure the stick drive to the MB. Use a magnetic tipped screwdriver to make the installation easy to do. 

Check this YouTube video (Link) on how to install a M.2 SSD.

You can get these parts on Amazon or Newegg.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

You have no open SATA ports on the motherboard.

But you do have a M.2 PCIe socket. So you can do a fast NVME PCIe gumstick drive such as a Samsung 970, or Crucial, or Adata upgrade. You can move the operating system to the M.2 drive and use the HDD as a data drive.

Verify the M.2 slot can take a 2280 drive (22 mm by 80 mm). 80 mm is 3.15 inches in length.

Regards

HP Recommended

is that a m2 port above the inserted companentis that a m2 port above the inserted companentI opened the case and above the usb, earphone,d sd card reader,  board there seems to be a socket with two raised stand off type studs approx 3 inches or so apart but no screw hole for the card to be fastened down. i am not sure that is what it is, but there is only one sata connection and it goes to the hard drive.

HP Recommended

Hi Avants,

Please refer to the following Lubin motherboard image. The M.2 NVME SSD slot is circled in red.

Lubin_M.2.PNG

You need a MB standoff and a Phillips #1 screw to secure the stick drive to the MB. Use a magnetic tipped screwdriver to make the installation easy to do. 

Check this YouTube video (Link) on how to install a M.2 SSD.

You can get these parts on Amazon or Newegg.

HP Recommended

can't see the photo, only yellow triangle with black edge

HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't see your image.

The Forum has to approve. It takes a while.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thank you very much. I have been struggling with this issue for weeks and you finally solved it for me.

HP Recommended

Hi Avants,

You're very welcome.

I usually use Macrium Reflect free (Link) to copy or image the current OS install on the HDD to the new SSD.

The Macrium Knowledge Base and Forums can help with this task. Let me know if you need any assistance.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.