Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One - 24-b101nl [edited]
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good morning, the sticky keys on my computer don't work anymore. I've tried several things, I've also tried to install the drivers again. I've checked all the settings and they seem to be fine. What could I do? Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Ombon22

Thank you for replying with this detailed response,

As this changes everything...

I recommend you check with an external keyboard to check if these keys are working on it:

• if it doesn't work on an alternate/external keyboard as well, this could be a software issue and reinstalling the drivers from the device manager, updating the drivers for BIOS & Chipset from HP website: Click here to find and install it & if the issue persists, you may want to perform a push button reset after changing the keyboard layout.
  • If the alternate/external keyboard works while the internal does not, refer to my private message for further assistance.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

If you would like to thank us for our efforts, you may click on kudos (the thumbs up button)

And If you wish to help the community grow, mark this post as an accepted solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Ombon22

Thank you for posting your query on HP Forums!

To let you know, there are 3 ways of turning on/off the sticky keys,

Here's all you need to know:

Way 1: Use the Shift key.

• Step 1: Continuously press the Shift key 5 times.
  • Step 2: Select Yes in the confirmation dialog.

Way 2: Make it in Ease of Access keyboard settings.

• Step 1: Type keyboard in the search box on task bar, and choose Ease of Access keyboard settings from the items.
  • Step 2: Switch on Press one key at a time for keyboard shortcuts.

Way 3: Realize the goal in Control Panel.

• Step 1: Search keys, and tap Turn on easy access keys in the result.
  • Step 2: Select Turn on Sticky Keys and hit OK.

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48 hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
None of these work, but thank you for trying to help me.
HP Recommended

@Ombon22

Thank you for responding,

This is the Riddle_Decipher, again!

The pleasure is all mine, that said, I'm not done just yet, we have a few more things we could do, starting with the system restore, if it had been working fine earlier: Click here

If that doesn't help, you may want to create a backup of all your personal data and then, perform a push button reset: Click here for steps.

Keep us posted, 

(We shall troubleshoot as a team, fight till the end and emerge victorious)

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

feel free to give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" button.

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Hello.
I actually made a mistake posting the former question. Indeed, it's the modifier keys on the keyboard that don't work - i.e. Shift, Control and Alt. I apologize, bit I'm Italian and got the name wrong.
Thank you again, sorry for the hassle!
HP Recommended

@Ombon22

Thank you for replying with this detailed response,

As this changes everything...

I recommend you check with an external keyboard to check if these keys are working on it:

• if it doesn't work on an alternate/external keyboard as well, this could be a software issue and reinstalling the drivers from the device manager, updating the drivers for BIOS & Chipset from HP website: Click here to find and install it & if the issue persists, you may want to perform a push button reset after changing the keyboard layout.
  • If the alternate/external keyboard works while the internal does not, refer to my private message for further assistance.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, using the blue envelope: 

Click here for more details on how to access the private messages on HP Forums

If you would like to thank us for our efforts, you may click on kudos (the thumbs up button)

And If you wish to help the community grow, mark this post as an accepted solution.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.