Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 595-p0086nl
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi everyone, I've a question. My pc doesn't include a graphic card and I'd like to get one, possibly a gt 1030 even low profile would be great. The main problem is that the power supply in my pc is just 180watt, is there a graphic card that I can use without substitute the power supply? My CPU is: i3 8100, ram: 8gb power supply: 180w

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

You have some upgrade options.

You can upgrade the proprietary power supply in your case to a HP 400 watt power supply (part number L04618 -800) at HP Part Surfer (Link).

HP lists CPU upgrade options for your PC at this site (Link). You can do a i5-8400 or even a i7-8700 CPU.

Now you can look at Nvidia graphics cards at 1050 or higher. 

Make sure the graphics card fits in your motherboard and case. Make sure the card does not exceed the 400 watt power supply requirement.

Regards

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Greetings,

Welcome to the forum.

I am not a HP employee.

This is a tricky question because the answer depends on why you want a better graphics card.

The 1030 requires a 300 watt power supply.

You will have to upgrade the power supply if you want to game or you are dissatisfied with the onboard GPU.

You will not see much improvement in gaming if you install a discrete graphics card that will run on a 180 watt PSU.

Regards

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply, I imagined that I had to upgrade the power supply also 😞. I wanted to upgrade the graphic card in order to play more recent games without slowdowns. Never matter, so with an intel I3 8100 and a 300 watt power supply do you think I could install at least a 1050 graphic or better? Or the cpu is too weak for the gpu? 

HP Recommended

Hi,

You're very welcome.

You have some upgrade options.

You can upgrade the proprietary power supply in your case to a HP 400 watt power supply (part number L04618 -800) at HP Part Surfer (Link).

HP lists CPU upgrade options for your PC at this site (Link). You can do a i5-8400 or even a i7-8700 CPU.

Now you can look at Nvidia graphics cards at 1050 or higher. 

Make sure the graphics card fits in your motherboard and case. Make sure the card does not exceed the 400 watt power supply requirement.

Regards

HP Recommended

Hello Erikilrosso

Try view this PSU

https://hpecas.com/fontes-de-alimentacao-para-desktops-workstations/hp-original-400w-sff-psu-80-plus...

It have 400W and a cable for Graphic Card

_________________________________________________________________________________
**Click the Thumbs Up+ if I help to say 'Thanks', and the 'Accept as Solution' if I have solved your problem.**
_________________________________________________________________________________
I am pleased to work with hardware and software. Since it's something I love, it's like I never had to work. I am not an HP employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.