Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion gaming desktop tg01
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Help to all I just bough a Hp pavilion gaming desktop tg01, I also uprgraded ram to16 gb 2400mhz , has ryzen 3500 processor , and gtx 1650 super and come with a 400 watt psu ,  I am going to upgrade  the graphics to a 

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 when prices come down.. will the 400 watt power supply be sufficient I think it will be cutting it close . If I need to upgrade the power supply does hp make a plug and play one or is there a 24 pin to 6 pin converter for this pc . If  so please provide a link .. I have scene  some converters but can not get a sold answer if it is comparable with my specific computer . 

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Wesleychef , welcome to the Community.

@Wesleychef wrote:

Help to all I just bough a Hp pavilion gaming desktop tg01, I also uprgraded ram to16 gb 2400mhz , has ryzen 3500 processor , and gtx 1650 super and come with a 400 watt psu ,  I am going to upgrade  the graphics to a 

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 when prices come down.. will the 400 watt power supply be sufficient I think it will be cutting it close . If I need to upgrade the power supply does hp make a plug and play one or is there a 24 pin to 6 pin converter for this pc . If  so please provide a link .. I have scene  some converters but can not get a sold answer if it is comparable with my specific computer . 

You would have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU).  The RTX 3000 series cards normally require at least 750W with 2x8-pin PCIe power connectors.  The only other PSU that HP has for your model is 500W with 1x6+2-pin power connector.  There are no adapters that I have found to work with the 4-pin power connector on the motherboards.

Here is a Power Supply Cross-Reference Chart to show you what is available: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Power-Supply-Cross-Reference-for-specific-model...

The Expert who developed the chart has done extensive research on finding an adapter with no success.  I don't know if your model is on the chart, but all of the TG01 series boards are the same connectors.

Please click the Thumbs up + button if I have helped you and click Accept as Solution if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!
HP Recommended

So thank you for this .. So can I get a generic 750 watt PSU  and use an adapter to make it work with my hp mother board and a 3 series graphics card? or would I have to buy a

new case

mother board and the new 750 psu 

sorry I am meeting to computer but an analog techs Savvy, I have  built a bunch of guitar pedals etc also no strange to a multi meter .   

HP Recommended

You are welcome, @Wesleychef!

As I stated in my last post, we haven't been able to find an adapter that will work with the HP motherboards.  If you find one, please share your information with us.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

So sorry I was a touch unclear I am a newbie ,  thanks for your help . 

HP Recommended

@Wesleychef 

You don't have to apologize!!  None of us started out as Experts.  Any time you have questions, let me know.  I like to make the Community a place to learn, as well as, solve problems.

Good luck!

HP Recommended

I just posted  a question about upgrading ram if you could help with that ?? Got 16 gig on order that is 3200 speed and the hp apparently only runs it at 2400 but the board can handle 3200 speed from what hp says .. to get this speed you also have to overclock it using msi or the radion program .because the board does not give you the option for xmp . is this hard to do how would you go about making this  happen .   The question I originally posted has all the ram specs etc ..  

HP Recommended

@Wesleychef, I will find your question and see what I can do to help you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.