Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP pavillion p6230y desktop
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I added a 2t harddrive last year and it works great. I have been going on to second life and have problems with freezing and a slow fps. I never crash I have a very fast internet. I read a post from a guy that upgraded his power supply and graphics card but that was 5 years ago. Can I get an upgraded answer for this.

thank you, Jogan516

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello 

I ended up purchasing a AMD Phenom IIx4 965 processor for 69.95, a corsair power supply 550w for 65.00 and a used Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Graphix card for 75.00. Thank you, it all works perfectly now. I get 70 and more frames per second  sometimes and when the Graphix gets really busy down to 10 FPS. Thank you for the advice, I spent 209.95 dollars and I'm set for quite a while.

Joe

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HI.

Maybe this serial is better option for your motherboard, does not expect great performance with respect to the bus speed of the PCI port.

HD 5870:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/RktCmG/sapphire-video-card-1002813sr

HD 5770:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/DRPfrH/xfx-video-card-hd577aznfc

PSU:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZdQypg/corsair-power-supply-cmpsu550vx

Regards.

☑ I do not work for HP, I volunteer.
☑ To close the topic, check "accept as a solution" the correct answer or Thumb to say thank you.
☑ I'm sorry but you do not answer questions privately.
HP Recommended

I do like corsair. Last night I purchased a corsair CX750 750 watts. Do you think that will work in my system. I have been thinking about getting a Nividia GTX 960 graphic card, what do you think??

HP Recommended

Hello

My apologies for adding to this:

Your PC is from 2009 so you cannot use UEFI (Nvidia GTX 700, 900 1000 model) graphics cards.

The Corsair cx 750 may butt up against the 3.5 inch drive bays where your DVD drive is located such that it would not be possible to plug modular power cables into the power supply.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thank you. The CX is scheduled for delivery tomorrow??Should I try it or send it back?

HP Recommended

Hello

The cx750 is about six inches.

Check clearance in tower. You need cable and connector clearance also.  You may need about eight or nine inches from end of cx750 to 3.5 inch drive bays to plug in and route cables in tower.

You cannot use Nvidia UEFI graphics so is cx750 good investment?

Grzy

HP Recommended

Thank you again, I stopped the order in shipping and it will be returned for refund. I oredered the corsair VX550. Do you thing that is the best video card I can use on this machine. I was thinking of getting a new processor also, do you have a sugestion. I was looking at a AMD Phenom ii x4 965 for a M3 socket, but they were saying you could use the AMD FX-4130 for it, but it is M3+??

HP Recommended

Hello

Very sorry to say save money and buy new system from HP or build one.

Your PC is too old to upgrade and get good reward.

Money spent on this PC will not give equal satisfaction.

Grzy

HP Recommended

Hello 

I ended up purchasing a AMD Phenom IIx4 965 processor for 69.95, a corsair power supply 550w for 65.00 and a used Sapphire Radeon HD 5870 Graphix card for 75.00. Thank you, it all works perfectly now. I get 70 and more frames per second  sometimes and when the Graphix gets really busy down to 10 FPS. Thank you for the advice, I spent 209.95 dollars and I'm set for quite a while.

Joe

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.