Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

hello

this is my first post, when i purchased this pc it only had 8gb, do i need to add more ram ?

and also i know it has AMD intergrated graphics but i would like to add a seperate graphics card ?

does anyone have any suggestions,

any advice given would be most welcolme

thankyou

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You are welcome, @steveblue10!  Thank you for the additional information.

Here are the Product Specifications for your computer.  The motherboard (Erica6) in your computer has Dual channel memory architecture.  This means that you should install memory in matched pairs.  The problem is, you can't buy the exact memory that came with your computer from HP.  I suggest that you check with Crucial Memory to see if their memory will be compatible,  Crucial is the retail division of Micron Corp.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.  I would let them scan your computer to find the best memory.

As for a video card, the power supply unit (PSU) is only 180W.  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  You will have to check with HP Customer Support to see which of their PSU's is compatible with your motherboard.  They have a 400W (L04618-800) and a 500W (L05757-800) that may work for you.  If the 500W will work it will give you many more options for more powerful cards.  Once you decide if you are going to upgrade the PSU, I will be glad to help you find a card that will be best for your system.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@steveblue10 , welcome to the Community.

What is the Product Number of the computer? I need this information to review the specifications of it. Please don't furnish the Serial # or other personal information. You can find the Product Number at the bottom of the page when you open HP Support Assistant.  Once I have this information I will help you further.

HP Recommended

Hello thanks for your reply my product is  hp pavilion TP-01 2000A

AMD RYZEN 7 5700g desktop

HP Recommended

Here are the Product Specifications for your computer.  The motherboard (Erica6) in your computer has Dual channel memory architecture.  This means that you should install memory in matched pairs.  The problem is, you can't buy the exact memory that came with your computer from HP.  I suggest that you check with Crucial Memory to see if their memory will be compatible,  Crucial is the retail division of Micron Corp.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.

As for a video card, the power supply unit (PSU) is only 180W.  The motherboard in your computer is HP proprietary. It has a 4-pin power connector instead of a standard 24-pin ATX power connector. You will have to buy any PSU upgrade from HP.  You will have to check with HP Customer Support to see which of their PSU's is compatible with your motherboard.  They have a 400W (L04618-800) and a 500W (L05757-800) that may work for you.  If the 500W will work it will give you many more options for more powerful cards.  Once you decide if you are going to upgrade the PSU, I will be glad to help you find a card that will be best for your system.

HP Recommended

Here are the Product Specifications for your computer.  The motherboard (Erica6) in your computer has Dual channel memory architecture.  This means that you should install memory in matched pairs.  The problem is, you can't buy the exact memory that came with your computer from HP.  I suggest that you check with Crucial Memory to see if their memory will be compatible,  Crucial is the retail division of Micron Corp.  They make very good memory for OEM computers.  I would let them scan your computer to find the best memory.

HP Recommended

Thankyou for your time and effort

many thanks again

HP Recommended

You are very welcome, @steveblue10!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.