Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP desktop m001-f0016
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to install an Nvidia geoforce gtx 1650 and need to upgrade the power supply i was wondering if the HP L04618-800 psu would work with my system. If the HP L04618-800 psu doesnt work what other 300-400w power supplys work in my pc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TaviM,

There should only be 3 cables from your existing the PSU.

Two are 2x2 power plugs, and an inline 7 pin plug. 

Only models that have a power connector for a PCIE card will have the 6+2 plug.

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
(2) HP DV7t i7 3160QM 2.3Ghz 8GB
Printer -- HP OfficeJet Pro 8620 Legal
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@TaviM,

You must like to have a second opinion, huh?    @banhien  gave you good advice.

Here is my spreadsheet, which he could  have used.🤔    As you will notice, your 180W is standard.  The GTX 1650 draws the fully allowable 75W off the PCEx16 card slot.  That power has to come from somewhere.  The 310W PSU's  listed would work with any 75W or less card that does not have a 6pin PCIE power port. Example, some EVGA cards like the 1050 and 1650 state 75W, but there is a power port on the card.  Check the specs on the card to avoid problem. You make a mistake like this, and you will likely pay $50 for the error. If you want to have the option of 400W or 500W later, then do so now. The HP proprietary PSU part numbers are in the spreadsheet.

I just have to ask, are you sure the GTX 1650 is all you need in 2020 and beyond?

This system is feedback driven thru Solution and Kudo flags. It's the only means of knowing if you have been served. Please click Accept as Solution, if your problem is solved. To say THANK YOU, press the "thumbs up symbol" to render a KUDO. You can render both Solution and KUDO..

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
Custom Asus Z97D, I7-4790k, 16GB RAM, WIN10 Pro 64bit, ZOTAC GTX1080 AMP Extreme 3 fan 8GB RAM, 500GB SSD, Asus PB287 4k monitor, Rosewill Blackhawk case and 750W OCZ PSU.
HP Recommended

Thanks. I couldn’t find many 310w units and found that 400w units were more readily available. The gtx 1650 I found does not use the 6 pin connector. Just clarifying that as long as the ports are standard on the mother board I can install the 400w power supply.

edit: thanks your spreadsheet is very helpful 👍

HP Recommended

@TaviM,

Glad you liked the spreadsheet.t answers a lot of questions on compatibility issues.

Can I consider this "solved", or do you need more information?

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
HP Recommended

does the L04618-800 psu come with all the cables that will be connected to my mother board (erica 2) or will i have to bye adapter cables to fit the erica 2 mother board.

HP Recommended

@TaviM,

There should only be 3 cables from your existing the PSU.

Two are 2x2 power plugs, and an inline 7 pin plug. 

Only models that have a power connector for a PCIE card will have the 6+2 plug.

HP Envy 8 5010 Tablet
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.