Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Paviilion All-in-One 24-r0XX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The mouse now randomly brings up the "sub-menu" which is normally displayed as a result of a "Right Click".  Renewing the batteries does not solve the problem.

Can I purchase just a replacement mouse (and then synch it with my existing keyboard) or must I buy a "kit" comprising Mouse and Keyboard.

Can anyone tell me how to find the Model Numbers for both units, so that I can locate direct replacements?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Noyna Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that the wireless mouse is not working.

In that case, I would suggets you contact our phone support and replace the mouse.

Please refers to the below link to find the product number.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01492484

If you are unable to find the product number of the mouse. Please contact support with the computer serial number.

Here is how you can get in touch with phone support.

1)Click on this link - www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

We are experiencing longer than expected wait times to reach an agent due to the CoViD-19 impact and there might have been issues in you getting the expected resolution on the issue. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Praveen 196, Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I cannot find a phone number to contact anyone.  Also, I cannot find the Product Number of either the Mouse or the keyboard - despite following your instructions.

I have already purchased one new HP Mouse Z3700 Model G5N; but I cannot get this to work in conjunction with my Keyboard.  (I believe that the Keyboard and Mouse are a "single unit" because there is only one USB Receiver/Transmitter and the Keyboard does not have an On/Off Switch)

I have tried to install a Wired Mouse (sadly not an HP Product), in conjunction with the HP Keyboard, with the HP Mouse turned off; but the problem still persists.  Quite randomly, the Right Click Sub-Menu appears on the screen and prevents any action until it is cleared.

Is there any way that I can determine whether the fault lies with the Mouse, the Keyboard, the Computer, a Windows Update or the Software?

A telephone contact in UK would be very welcome and I will willingly purchase a replacement for whatever product is found to be faulty.  I fully accept that my HP Pavilion is out of Warranty.

Hope you can help to reduce the frustrations of an octogenarian!  

HP Recommended

You are correct the Keyboard / Mouse is a single unit using the same Receiver / Transmitter

You can contact HP UK Sales Team on 0207 660 3859.

Thank you

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.