Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HPCompaq Pro 6000 SFF
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi, I am looking for AHCI drivers for XP, I had found them, but once I ran the setup, here is the error: the system does not have the minimum installation requirements
Why ? I tried everything but I can't solve this problem, I will be grateful to those who will help me ...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

OK...here is what you need to do...

I have zipped up and attached the SATA AHCI drivers you need below.

Please follow this step by step guide...

1. First download and install the chipset driver and reboot, if you have not done so already.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41001-41500/sp41165.exe

2. Then download, unzip and save the SATA AHCI drivers I attached.

3. Right-click the My Computer icon, click Manage, select Device Manager

4. Click the + symbol beside the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device manager category. 
This will show the devices under this category.

5. You will see the Intel SATA storage controllers.

6. Right-click on the  Intel Serial ATA Storage Controller, and click Update Driver.

If you have any question as to which controller you should choose, post back and give me the options you see.

7. In the Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard, select No, not this time. Click Next .

8. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) . Click Next

9. Select Don't search, I will choose the driver to install. Click Next

10. Click Have Disk

11. Click Browse

12. Select location: c:\folder you saved AHCI drivers to.

13. Select iaAHCI.inf

14. Click Open

15. This will list several SATA AHCI Controllers. From this list, select the Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller. Click Next.

16. The Update Driver Warning will be shown. Click Yes

17. The driver will install, and completing the Hardware update Wizard appears. Click Finish

18. You can now find the updated controller in the device manager.

19. During restart, press the F10 key and boot to BIOS setup utility.

Go back to your boot options menu and change the SATA controller setting from IDE to AHCI, save settings there (F10) and upon exit, save changes and reboot.

Now, the SATA driver is successfully installed, and the PC will boot into Windows with SATA Mode set to AHCI.

XP will complete the installation in AHCI mode, and you will have to restart the PC one more time.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Do you have XP installed on the PC now?

If so, you have to manually install the sata ahci driver using a certain method, and then change the drive controller setting in the BIOS to AHCI after you install the driver.

Let me know, and I will give you the driver you need to manually install.

HP Recommended

Yes, XP is already installed. Thanks.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

OK...here is what you need to do...

I have zipped up and attached the SATA AHCI drivers you need below.

Please follow this step by step guide...

1. First download and install the chipset driver and reboot, if you have not done so already.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp41001-41500/sp41165.exe

2. Then download, unzip and save the SATA AHCI drivers I attached.

3. Right-click the My Computer icon, click Manage, select Device Manager

4. Click the + symbol beside the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers device manager category. 
This will show the devices under this category.

5. You will see the Intel SATA storage controllers.

6. Right-click on the  Intel Serial ATA Storage Controller, and click Update Driver.

If you have any question as to which controller you should choose, post back and give me the options you see.

7. In the Welcome to the Hardware Update Wizard, select No, not this time. Click Next .

8. Select Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) . Click Next

9. Select Don't search, I will choose the driver to install. Click Next

10. Click Have Disk

11. Click Browse

12. Select location: c:\folder you saved AHCI drivers to.

13. Select iaAHCI.inf

14. Click Open

15. This will list several SATA AHCI Controllers. From this list, select the Intel(R) ICH10D/DO SATA AHCI Controller. Click Next.

16. The Update Driver Warning will be shown. Click Yes

17. The driver will install, and completing the Hardware update Wizard appears. Click Finish

18. You can now find the updated controller in the device manager.

19. During restart, press the F10 key and boot to BIOS setup utility.

Go back to your boot options menu and change the SATA controller setting from IDE to AHCI, save settings there (F10) and upon exit, save changes and reboot.

Now, the SATA driver is successfully installed, and the PC will boot into Windows with SATA Mode set to AHCI.

XP will complete the installation in AHCI mode, and you will have to restart the PC one more time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.