Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp pavillon
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello ,

I want to activate the AHCI i my PC so i need to enter the advanced settings in the Bios and set the IDE to AHCI , i could't do that because i didn't find advanced in the menu , i tried F10 , F10+A , Fn+tab 3 times and reboot into Bios , etc.....

The version of my Bios is F.17 HP insydeH20 rev 3.5

Can you help me please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Bachlor

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
HP Recommended

@Bachlor

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are unable to enter the advanced settings in the BIOS.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

I would like to inform you that there are no advanced settings in the BIOS or a hidden BIOS menu. The options that you see when you enter the BIOS are the only settings you can change or modify.

There's no way of resetting or changing these settings via HP articles or assistance,

You could unlock and make changes at your own discretion using 3rd party tools, however, HP doesn't recommend the same nor has information about the tools used

I hope that answers your question and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello ,

Thank you very much for replying , the problem is i want to activate the Ahci protocol because when i install the sata driver the windows will not start and request the recovery, what should i do ?

HP Recommended

@Bachlor

Help me with the product number of your computer and I will check whether your computer supports SSD.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you very much, ok  the model is Hp pavillon dv6 Notebook ,start date is 26/03/2010
Bios version F.17, vendor is insydeH20 rev 3.5.
Menu displays Main, Security, diagnostics and system configutation.

HP Recommended

Product number is WS540EA#AB6

HP Recommended

@Bachlor

Thank you for the information.

As per the service guide for your computer, SSD is not supported on your computer. 

Refer to the below link for more information.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01860375

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your informations , but, there is no relation with SSD , if you take a look at the document you will see "controllleur sata AHCI " , i want to update this driver because when i update it the OS doesn't start and request a recovery, that's the problem. Thank you

HP Recommended

@Bachlor

I recommend you contact support to further diagnose the issue.

Here is how you can get in touch with support.

1)Click on this link – www.hp.com/contacthp/

2)Select the product type.

3)Enter the serial number of your device or select let HP detect your product option.

4)Select the country from the drop-down.

5)You should see the HP phone support number or Chat option listed.

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you sir

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.