Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

I had this exact same issue!

Tried to fresh load the machine and couldn't boot win10 from USB or Flash.

Tried to load on another similar machine and then transfer the drive, same issue.

Couldn't load win7 either.

It would boot into Linux!
Problem I had was I couldn't update the BIOS cause I couldn't get back into windows.

So I created the USB Bios recovery disk (that had multiple errors on 3 different machines)

In my win7 machine it had an instant error.

On a fresh loaded win7 machine it would look like it finished but would lock up and I had to CNTL+ALT+DEL

On a win10 machine it would start the process look like it finished and then the window would just close never saying Completed. (It did work though)
I had a hard time finding how to flash the bios when I couldn't do it through the bios or windows.
I was finally able to flash the bios by holding Windows Key+B and holding power on for 3 secs.

I continued to hold WinKey+B for maybe 8-10sec and the thing saw the flash drive, updated and worked!
After the new bios was on the machine it loaded with out any issue, works great!

Hope this helps.

HP Recommended

Hi Mike,

Backing up means that you will always have safe copies of your important files should your PC ever break down or get lost. You’ll be able to recover any of your backed up files if you’ve lost data from your PC. 

Creating a system restore point on a regular basis as well, so that you can restore to a previous point that your computer runs well, in case any unexpected error may occur. 

HP Recommended

Pitergeek I was giving the ANSWER how I fixed it...  Wasnt asking a question.

The bios on these old AMD machines (not that old) have to be updated to upgrade the newest Win10 OS.

HP Recommended

That's great, thank you for your update. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.