Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6200 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

PCI screenshot.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

That "PCI Serial Port" is only used in a "corporate" setting, when there is an I.T. Department that "centrally manages" every computer, by remotely connecting to your computer, to manage & update it.

If that is not your environment, it is best to "do nothing", so that nobody can use that "remote-access" interface to access your computer.

HP Recommended

Hi, @Stacky77 

I own a 6200 Pro and use it for home use, as well as many other Dell and HP business desktop PC's.

All drivers are installed...including the Intel AMT devices.

If you want to install the driver, you need this driver for that device..

This package contains the Intel Active Management Technology (AMT) Driver for supported models running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69506.exe

HP Recommended

Paul, what extra "functionality" should the owner of the computer expect, after installing that device-driver?

Additional capability?

Faster processing?

Enabling of Remote Administration of the device by the author's central  I.T. Department?

Better anti-virus protection?

HP Recommended

It does not provide any additional functions that I know of for home use, unless they manage several of these type PC's on a home network, which they might.

But there are users like me who want no devices in the device manager that are missing drivers. 

The person asked for the driver, and I gave it to him. 

And that is what you could have done, assuming you knew what driver was needed.

Then you could have added your warning regarding potential security issues if you wanted to.

Do you personally know of someone whose PC used at home was taken over via the AMT system?   I don't.

If it was such a problem, surely HP would issue a whitepaper advising home users to never install these drivers due to potential security issues, or to disable AMT in the BIOS, which can be done as well.

If you have been offended by my providing the driver to this person, I'm sorry.

However, please be advised that I will continue to provide AMT drivers for HP business notebooks and desktop PC's for anyone that requests them, as I have done for several dozens of forum members in the past.

HP Recommended

Paul, thank you for the first paragraph of your response.

However, your other paragraphs were uncalled for, and unprofessional, and contrary to the "helping" nature of this forum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.