Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 24-g237c
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I purchased a USB recovery media from HP. During steps of the installation, it returns an error.

Component: Windows 10 PIN Diagnostic Tools ReD - CPS

Timing: FactpryUpdate

Error: Incorrect brand name

Next Step: Please check model name or feature byte

How do I correct this? The process run on it's own without any input from me. Did HP sent me a bad media?  thanks for your time.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi:

I wouldn't be able to help you with getting the recovery media you purchased to work.

If it doesn't work, then it is usually a show-stopper.

You have two other options to get your PC back up and operational again, if you have access to another Windows PC running W7 64 bit or newer and a 32 GB USB flash drive.

1. Use the HP cloud recovery tool to create a bootable USB recovery drive that will reinstall W10, the drivers and the software that originally came with your PC.  This would be equivalent to what you paid HP for the recovery media.

Here is an info link for how to use that utility...

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool (Windows 10, 7) | HP® Customer Support

If that doesn't work, or you get the same error, then clean install W10 by making bootable installation media using the media creation tool from the link below...Make the 64 bit installation media.  You do not need a product key to enter, since the product key is in your PC's BIOS.

Download Windows 10 (microsoft.com)

After W10 has completed installing, you can install the drivers and available software from your PC's support page.

HP All-in-One - 24-g237c Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

HP Recommended

Thanks..

will create the recovery USB and see what happens.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

I created the USB boot from the net//  still will not complete. It say..  expect to see the name HPC in FB??  Do you know where this is kept?  may be I can zap it to HPC.

thanks for your time.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Unfortunately, I do not.

I suggest you go with the clean install so you can at least get your PC working again.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.