Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 23 Touchsmart
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an Audio Issue. I have Audo playback from the monitor, and the external speakers simultaneously. I prefer just the external output. I ran the HP UEIF Diagnostics Tool, the playback output, and Headphone/ Beats Audio ports function properly.

My Procuct information is as follows: HP ENVY 23-d044 TouchSmart All-in-One Desktop PC
Model #: H4A37AA

If you cannot assist me, would you suggest someone?

With Kind Regards,

Phillip

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi! @vpiPhillip, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have audio issues with your PC. You are unable to play audio using external speakers.

Please try the steps recommended below.

To test the sound on the computer, follow the steps below.
The steps below assume you are not in the Classic View of the Control Panel.
Click Start, Control Panel, and then Hardware and Sound.
Click Change system sounds under Sound to open the Sound window.
From the Sounds tab, select any option under Program that has the sound icon next to it, such as Asterisk, click Test, and then OK.
Determine if sound is audible through the headphones.
If sound is audible through the headphones, the sound hardware on the computer is working and the issue is most likely related to the speakers or the speaker cables. Go to step 5.
If sound is not audible through the headphones, go to step 6.
Disconnect the headphones, reconnect the speakers, and then test for sound again. If sound is still not audible, replace the speaker cable or perform the test again with different speakers.
Connect the headphones into the correct connector and try again. If sound is still not audible, continue to another configuration test in this document.

If the above steps do not work, Please refer this article to troubleshoot audio issues.

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi! @vpiPhillip, Welcome to HP forums.

I understand you have audio issues with your PC. You are unable to play audio using external speakers.

Please try the steps recommended below.

To test the sound on the computer, follow the steps below.
The steps below assume you are not in the Classic View of the Control Panel.
Click Start, Control Panel, and then Hardware and Sound.
Click Change system sounds under Sound to open the Sound window.
From the Sounds tab, select any option under Program that has the sound icon next to it, such as Asterisk, click Test, and then OK.
Determine if sound is audible through the headphones.
If sound is audible through the headphones, the sound hardware on the computer is working and the issue is most likely related to the speakers or the speaker cables. Go to step 5.
If sound is not audible through the headphones, go to step 6.
Disconnect the headphones, reconnect the speakers, and then test for sound again. If sound is still not audible, replace the speaker cable or perform the test again with different speakers.
Connect the headphones into the correct connector and try again. If sound is still not audible, continue to another configuration test in this document.

If the above steps do not work, Please refer this article to troubleshoot audio issues.

Let me know how it goes. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Chimney,

Thanks so much for your help.

I ended up going to Windows Support, prior to your Post, they did a remote fix. 

Again, I thank you for your Support on my issue!

I have another issue that maybe you can help me with. Yesterday, out of the blue, my PC Screen turned Solid Yellow then Red, then blue, then Green, all were solid color. Next my PC shuts down, goes in Repair mode. The PC was unable to repair itself.

I have HP Windows 8 Recovery Media Disc's, which my factory installed system. I reinstalled, but Windows Activation will not or cannot read my Product Key from the BIOS.

How may I recover this key? What are my options?

Any input would be extremely welcome!

HP Envy 23, d-044, All-In-One, Touchsmart, Beats Audio. Mod

Best Regards,

Phillip

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.