Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Envy All in One 34-b010
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP Envy AIO suddenly got a blue screen,  did not correct itself, and now I cannot get past the HP Logo.

--Boot Service not found; please install an operating system on your hard disk

--B1 Initialized Library failed--OXC000000bb

I have tried all the suggestions on HP support; tried multiple keys but cannot get to bios or windows.  I've gone through all the hold windows key and letter V and B at startup per directions and still no joy.  Does not go beyond tIhe HP Logo no matter what I do.  The machine, HP Envy Curved AIO Win 10 has the HP Support Assistant and I have dutifully updated everything including bios.  A couple weeks ago I did install the Intel auto driver update but no problems with it.

Unfortunately I do not have the capacity to create a USB drive for Windows or HP repair since my only other computer is a Chromebook.

Any suggestions for help much appreciated. 

Jbranx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@jbranx

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

@jbranx

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much!  I will follow those directions as soon as I can create a USB stick with that link.  I've concluded from all my tests that your solution is the correct one.  Appreciate it very much.  I will report back in a couple days.

jimb

HP Recommended

Just a followup question: When I go to that tool and enter my HP product number for the HP Envy Curved AOI 34-boio and product code Z5L85AA it advises that computer is not supported by this tool.  Is that correct or is there another link I should go to?

HP Recommended

One additional question:  When I run the HP diagnostics for the hard disk, it says no disk found.  Does that mean the 4 TB ssd has failed or is it just an indication that the Windows operating  system needs to be restored?  In other words, by running the Windows tool, will the missing disk show back up and everything be restored?  Using the Windows command and M and B per directions continuously says the "library" not found.  When the restore bios command runs, it returns the same answer.  Thanks very much for the help; I will have another Windows computer on Wed. on which I can create the USB stick and run the appropriate tool to make the fix.  Trying to do so on a Pixelbook with a dongle is maddening!

HP Recommended

@jbranx

Run an Extensive system test to check for hardware failures.

1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the menu appears, press the F2 key.

3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.

4. Click Extensive Test.

5. Click Run once, or Loop until error. While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are shown on the screen.

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks very much, Sandy.  My AIO doesn't have quite the same menu, but when I run the diagnostics I continually get "no disk found," or "initialized library not found."  The boot order is correct for the main drive, but all other commands just revert back to the menu.  System recovery does not run.  The Bios tool does not run either, but the screen does report the December 2019 bios.  Everything there should be up to date since I regularly run the HP assistance tool.  Tomorrow I will be able to create a Windows recovery USB and attempt that route, provided the Windows recovery download link on HP Support will for my model.  The query on that page when I enter the model says "not available."  I've reached out several days ago to the suggested repair team in my city but they have not called back.

Thanks again for you assistance, and I will report back when I make some further progress.

jimb

HP Recommended

@jbranx

Yes, you can try those steps at your leisure and let me know how it goes.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I created the HP Cloud Recovery Tool and ran it from the USB: It ran and then gave me this message:  "Application Close (No HDD)"  I presume that means I have a failed SSD, confirming the same msg. I got from the diagnostics.  Any further suggestions on what I can try, if anything other than getting a new SSD?

Thanks much for the help.

jimb

HP Recommended

@jbranx

Thank you for posting back. 

Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue, this sounds like hardware related issue.

As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now.

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance.  

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.